2009 - 2014 F-150

streaming Pandora on sync phone

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011 | 10:36 AM
|
streaming Pandora on sync phone

Is there a way to stream pandora via a cellular phone on my 2010 screw lariat??
I am getting ready to buy a new cellular phone and would love to use it to stream music in the cab. Would that key off of the cellular 'data' package? I also asked this in the audio section but thought I would try here also. What all would I need? Data package, an 'ap' for my cell phone, etc.
Ferd

Old 01-11-2011 | 10:40 AM
i have an Iphone 4, i stream pandora through bluetooth audio whenever i want to. works perfectly fine

you'd need a smart phone for one, along with a cellular data plan, and a healthy one at that as pandora likes to use the megabytes. thankfully i still have my unlimited plan with AT&T, which they dont offer anymore.

Old 01-11-2011 | 10:44 AM
I've got the Pandora app on my iPhone 4 and I can stream it through my truck's SYNC system using bluetooth. Just make sure that whatever phone you purchase has a large data package and you'll be good. On another note do you have 3G or 4G in your area? From what I've seen Pandora doesn't seem to stream well on a mobile device unless you're on at least a 3G network.

Old 01-11-2011 | 06:29 PM
I streamed Pandora on my FX4 through my droid and I just got a droid x and still works great. I can even use the stearing wheel controls to skip songs.

Old 01-11-2011 | 07:33 PM
Truck of the Month
I can stream just fine from my 3g droidx. it also does well at streaming music from the phone's mp3 and nfl games from the nfl app. But I usually use the usb with a micro sd card that sticks out less than an inch.

Old 01-11-2011 | 07:40 PM
As said above, you can stream Pandora thru your phone. I have a Blackberry Bold and mine works fine with or without 3G. Most of the time I don't even have 3G in my area and it still works good. I also still have the AT&T unlimited data plan so make sure its a hefty data plan.

Old 01-11-2011 | 08:51 PM
You can also use the SYNC Line-in method. I have the droid X but use this method bc it does not pause like it does sometimes with the Bluetooth. Only problem is I have to disable the bluetooth in order to use the SYNC line-in.

Old 01-12-2011 | 01:48 PM
I have a HTC Incredible and stream Pandora through the Sync (Bluetooth Audio). The steering wheel even skips songs for me.

Old 01-12-2011 | 03:03 PM
So, are you saying you can bluetooth your iPhone music through the stereo, without having to run a cable through SYNC? I think that I can only stream music through the cable, but havent figured out how to stream music through the bluetooth. I make and recieve calls through the bluetooth SYNC, but don't know how to stream audio through the bluetooth SYNC.
James

Old 01-12-2011 | 05:06 PM
Truck of the Month
Check the manual. But on my droid all I have to do is connect via bluetooth and press the aux button or scroll to "bluetooth audio" from the steering wheel. On my other phone it would even automatically start my music stored on my phone. That's how I can play nfl games from the nfl app, or even the audio of stored videos.

Old 01-13-2011 | 05:03 PM
I have a Samsung Epic on Sprint (unlimited data plan is the norm for Sprint on smartphones). I stream Pandora all the time, but you have to make sure that your phone's bluetooth is setup to do it. My phone had the media option turned off when I first synced it. I got to messing with the phone controls and found out how to turn it on.

You also have to select it in the Sync menu - Media Menu - Select Source - Bluetooth Streaming - on your truck.

Old 01-13-2011 | 06:56 PM
Truck of the Month
Yup, I can run my phones gps navigation thru my truck and the audio direction will come thru my speakers, and listen to music on the phone at the same time...pretty much any audio on the phone speakers goes thru the car speakers.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 01-13-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2011 | 11:05 PM
When you have the bluetooth turned on and synced with your truck, it will automatically play via bluetooth when you stream music. I had issues when i first got it to work. Every time i got into my truck it would automatically start to play the songs on my phone, via the bluethooth, even when i didn't start the songs.

Oakmossy, you just need to download Pandora, or any other music site. And you do need to have a data plan, probably the unlimited would be ideal.

Old 02-02-2011 | 12:49 PM
|
great info thanks

Old 02-02-2011 | 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by jcaru
Every time i got into my truck it would automatically start to play the songs on my phone, via the bluethooth, even when i didn't start the songs.
Mine does that - how did you fix it where it doesn't automatically start playing?

Quick Reply: streaming Pandora on sync phone