2009 - 2014 F-150

2009+ HID (low beam only) and Fog (bambi mod)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04 kbgt
to tell you the honest truth man, the new headlight housings absoutly work awesome for the bi-hid setup!, its a true low beam and a true high beam the light actually has a cutoff and does NOT scatter light at all like the 04-08 housings, i would go over to ddmtuning.com, order up some 4500k or 5000k 55w high/lo light setups.
Please post up a picture of the cutoff from your plug and play HID in your chrome housing, and also one looking at the front of your truck with the HIDs on at night.

Also, DDM is the last company I'd buy from. Hell, they are going out of business for HID stuff anyways.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1438/...38e404ec_o.jpg

Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
wow good to know and thank you for the info honestly alot of members here have purchased from them...i for one did not have any issues with my bulb color they are the same color wise to any 300$ hid kid color for color.

i will have to take a picture either tonite or tomorrow as its been icing here like a **** and the quality is going to be terrible with it raining /icing out...i am not by any means saying they are NEAR the quality of a factory projector oem audi rs4, gt500, bmw x5, audi a8 or lexus sc lights, or my baja design's soltek fuego hids on my truck, but for the price and the consistany ive had with them they arent bad...(ive have had a few kits on atvs' utv's and street bikes and the color across the board has always been susprisingly consistant

Old 01-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by josh34
Can anyone else confirm that u can run low beam only HIDs in 09+ F150s without problems (unlike 04-08)?

Cuz I don't want to go thru the install and not have fogs again (like I did on my 08)
please?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 AM
here's my 2 cents on DDM. Just going to quote part of my post from yesterday.

"Few years ago bought a 55W slim ballast kit from DDM, worked fine for me, except Hi/Low working backwards(switch in low would result in high beams and vise versa) so I decided to go with DDM when I got my 2010 F150.

I got 2 kits in october(2010): 55W slim ballasts, 6000K Hi/Lo bulbs for heads and 35W slim ballasts, 4500K bulbs for fogs. Heads wired with harness, fogs wired directly plug-n-play. I was so happy....for about 2 months.

End of november temperature dips below freezing mark(-2 C) one of my headlights wouldnt turn on 30% of the time. After flicking the switch a few times it would turn on. I think ok - I can live with that...
Another 2 weeks - my right fog stops working!!!!! Switch the bulbs to check where the problem is - right side still out - ballast seem to be the problem. Call DDM - they say, they will test it,of course I would have to pay for shipping both ways. So I end up just ordering new 35W Raptor set.
So while Im waiting for the new fogs, the left fogs stops working too. F**k this!!! Changed fogs back to stock.
But that's not the end of it. So today I get my new fogs in the morning, thinking yay, I will finally have everything working.. Nope, not today. After work coming back to my truck, that was parked outside for a few hours(today was about -15 C) I find out that BOTH OF MY HEADLIGHTS are NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I dont think I will be buying anything from DDM from now on. Sorry for lots of CAPS and long post."

Switched my headlight back to halogen today, im going to wait till summer get some money and do quad-bixenon based on harley headlights and retro-solutions FX-Rs.Wish me luck=)

Old 01-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by josh34
please?
enough with this ddm bull ****

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
your fogs are going to work fine with just a low beam kit, if you flipped the high beam stick foward, all lights will shut off

Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by 04 kbgt
your fogs are going to work fine with just a low beam kit, if you flipped the high beam stick foward, all lights will shut off
U realize that's not the case for 04-08 models, right?

Quick Reply: 2009+ HID (low beam only) and Fog (bambi mod)