2009 - 2014 F-150

Does anyone know this option???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know this option???

"Overhead console with two storage bins"

That is copy/paste straight off the Ford F-150 website... Models/XLT/Interior Features/Optional.

I went in this morning to fill out the paperwork to order my new truck...and that option was my only question. It's not listed in the order guide (the copy I have OR the copy that the dealership has) and after looking at a couple of 2011 F-150s on the lot, the only thing we found was two sunglasses holders mounted in the middle of the cab roof, just behind the dome light. The Salesmen at the dealership could not find an information on it, and I was anticipating something more than two sunglasses holder since it is listed as an option.

Does anybody have any insight on this item?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It refers to the sun glass holders you mentioned.

It is not an option. It is a "feature."

Ford just embelished the description a little.

Last edited by johnwill; 01-15-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:35 PM
A few years back Ford offered a set of tracks in the cab ceiling in which you could mount a variety of things: console, dvd player, etc. Must not have been ordered very often as it ceased to exist as an option.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks Guys!

John.....I was wondering if it was something that had become "standard" on the XLT...on the Ford website it's listed as "optional", but when I couldn't find it in the Order Guide,(and the salesmen had not information) I had my suspicions.

Based on another thread about the 36 gallon tank now being standard on 4x4 versions, I was wondering if an update Order Guide was floating around out there that we could grab a copy of?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Talking Overhead Rail Storage System, brand-new for 2004!

Originally Posted by GoingGoingGone
A few years back Ford offered a set of tracks in the cab ceiling in which you could mount a variety of things: console, dvd player, etc. Must not have been ordered very often as it ceased to exist as an option.
AHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!! Yes, ahhh yes. The Overhead Rail Storage System. In 2004 the possibilities were endless. By late 2005 you knew the thing was dead in it's infancy. Of the many F-150's I have owned over the years, I think the ORSS has to be the biggest flop and most dissapointing thing I've ever seen. Sure, I miss my 1998's armrests, sure some didn't have a light under the hood, some had door handles that you had to slip some fingers under and lift up, etc etc. But nothing was as useless as the ORSS. Ahhhh, the memories of early 2004, imagining all the cool tech that would come out for it... and never did... you listening, Rambunctious? Still waiting for your NAV system for the ORSS... ... ...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-73706072.html

Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My 03 XLT has two compartments. The front one is perfect for my wallet but the back one kinda sucks. When you open the rear one you need to be ready to catch whatever in in there. I'm an old guy so that is where I keep the case for my hearing aids, really.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
Thanks Guys!

John.....I was wondering if it was something that had become "standard" on the XLT...on the Ford website it's listed as "optional"
Ed, the thing I am looking at says it is a standard option/feature on FX4, Lariat and above (King Ranch, Plat etc). It is "select availability" on XLT (SuperCab and SuperCrew), not available at all on STX, and select availability on XL (SuperCrew).

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this option???