2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Platinum-New Headlights (Smoked Projector Beam HID w/LEDs)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
rok
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love uneducated people thinking they know what they are talking about! OP=

Raptor

Old 03-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by rok
I love uneducated people thinking they know what they are talking about! OP=

Raptor
I love idiots that jump on a forum MONTHS later who have nothing beneficial to add. That conversation occured months ago. The point (although maybe poorly made on my part) when i asked "what stock cars use bi-xenons", I was referring to just the bixenon bulb without other equipment to support them and make the safe/proper. This point was made because it was said my setup was improper and dangerous and was throwing light everywhere. Now I cant say with COMPLETE certainty (just so you dont have to hop on here again and share your VAST education on the subject) but I am pretty sure most OE bi-xenon (and xenon) setups use autoleveling mechanisms so unless we have a retro setup or a dropin housing with autoleveling, then we are all improper/dangerous... especially in trucks where we often have a loaded bed, shooting our headlights upwards.

This point/argument/whatever was discussed and settled... again months ago. I proved I could make these lights work "properly" (cut-off line)when others said I couldn't AND i repeatedly noted what I think is some superiority of the retro fits in the area of light output. There were OTHER points made in weighing retro vs drop-in housings like heating n resealing, aiming a cut light, cost, light output... all valid characteristics to weigh when deciding which to buy because each has its strengths.

Comparing education is another conversation. But i can send you my resume boss. Im always amazed at people that pop-off from behind a keyboard. LOL

Last edited by casedog; 03-14-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Hey, Casedog. Since You are back on the thread, can You please give me the link to where You got your lights. I sent You a PM months ago, but you didnt reply. Thx again.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:23 AM
Meh. I'm glad the municipality if currently looking into making cheap knockoff's like this illegal. I'm glad you're happy with the appearance case, because it most likely looks like *** to oncoming traffic at night. You might as well drive around with your middle finger stuck outside the window, as that is essentially what anyone who adds HID's without a proper retrofit is doing. It's an odd thing, really, as I've read several of your posts and you seem like a decent person, yet this is what you do to strangers for the sake of vanity.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Not for vanity but for safety, my light output improved tremendously and I can see so much better. I rarely get flashed.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyCashAK
Meh. I'm glad the municipality if currently looking into making cheap knockoff's like this illegal. I'm glad you're happy with the appearance case, because it most likely looks like *** to oncoming traffic at night. You might as well drive around with your middle finger stuck outside the window, as that is essentially what anyone who adds HID's without a proper retrofit is doing. It's an odd thing, really, as I've read several of your posts and you seem like a decent person, yet this is what you do to strangers for the sake of vanity.
While I agree with this point, you can't force everybody to do what you want. Point being- people like their lights, so they do what they want. I'm glad they are at least in a projector with a cutoff. HIDs in a stock housing are absolutely the worst.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Anyone have these headlights in a black truck with chrome? Seeing what they would look like in mine. Pic in my SIG

Old 06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by JohnnyCashAK
Hmmm... what are you talking about? LOL... did you look at the pictures I posted with the cutoff line? There is NO safety issue nor am I blinding oncoming traffic as I did NOT put HIDs in a stock headlight housing AND my projectors have a sharp light cutoff line. LOL, now the light output is less than desired, as Ive noted, but actually that would mean they are weaker than retro-fits and throwing less light out for anyone to see (including me driving lol). Not sure what your point is???

How do I kill a thread? LOL

Last edited by casedog; 06-09-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lusso
Hey, Casedog. Since You are back on the thread, can You please give me the link to where You got your lights. I sent You a PM months ago, but you didnt reply. Thx again.
Sorry for the delay bud, I ordered mine off of ebay packaged with the HIDs. just look up the year, "f150" and "projector" and you'll find em. Good luck man. Sorry again for the delay. Got tired of dealing with this thread to be honest. Put almost $60K into a rig and people are bound to pick it apart LOL.

Last edited by casedog; 06-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by casedog
Sorry for the delay bud, I ordered mine off of ebay packaged with the HIDs. just look up the year, "f150" and "projector" and you'll find em. Good luck man. Sorry again for the delay. Got tired of dealing with this thread to be honest. Put almost $60K into a rig and people are bound to pick it apart LOL.
Casedog, love your truck and thanks for the help getting these setup. You rock forget the haters!

Got mine off of eBay as well, although I bought an aftermarket harness and 4300K bulbs my lights are great.

Quick Reply: 2010 Platinum-New Headlights (Smoked Projector Beam HID w/LEDs)