2009 - 2014 F-150

To Supercab or to Supercrew, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg Matty
I also think Supercabs look a whole lot better than any crew cab. Too much enclosed space up front and the truck's look awkward as a result.

Greg
My feelings, exactly. The ratio of cab length to bed length is "screw"ed up. To me, crew cabs look like an SUV with a bed, and the bed was an afterthought. The screw with the 5.5' bed has the same proportions as an Explorer Sport Trac. Something about buying a grocery getter truck that bothers me. They make me think of guys who have have been told by their wives that they can buy a truck as long as it can fit the whole family. The super cab is plenty big for kids to ride in the back seat, but I've always like the fact that my truck is not our family car. It keeps the miles down and the interior nice. To be perfectly honest, if the FX4 was available with a regular cab, that's what I would buy.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
what Hooters does your wife work at? She's pretty hot!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:48 AM
rok
I was originally looking at a Scab since it was me and my wife plus we had a baby on the way (he is here now). It does have plenty of room for that and some gear. But they didnt have one in the configuration i wanted. I looked at the Screw and was blown away at the room back there. I said why not. I love it now. Only way I would ever get a Scab is if it was just me or just me and the wife. The 5.5 bed can haul plenty and I like having more covered storage with the Screw.

I do like the look of both trucks as well.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I went from an 08 reg cab to a 10 supercab and obviously happy with the extra space. But I wish I could have gotten a screw. The back seat is amazing on the new ones. U could seriously get laid back there!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Super FX4
You still will not be able to close the tail gate on the dirtbike w/6.5ft unless you let the air out of the tires. It is actually better to have the 5.5ft bed because the rear tires sit dead center of the tailgate. With the 6.5ft, your taligate will be bouncing all over the place going down the road.
I have a Nissan Frontier with the 6.0 bed and one dirt bike fits fine corner to corner. I am sure a 5.5' be is just shorter enough to be too short. For more than one bike, I agree with you but I'll add a bed extender for those occassions.

Greg

Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
screw the screw and pick the scab,,,if your getting truck to be a grocery getter or a taxi cab then get the screw(or just get a mini van)but if your buying a truck for what its made for then go with the scab,,most screw owners here sound like they pretty much use there trucks as daily drivers and some recreational activity(hence the big lifts)if your gonna work with your truck then it makes more sense to get a scab,,plus i agree that it looks better to,,,not an suv look,,,,,,,,,,

Old 01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
2 reasons I bot the SCAB over the SCREW. I have a little kid and didn't want her to be able to jump out. Also, I didn't want to lose 1 foot out of the bed length.

99 % of the time, it's just me so the extra room wasn't a big need.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
We should should just agree to disagree...buy what you like or think looks better. It's all a matter of opinion, and only you can decide which one is for you. (Unless you're whipped and your wife tells you that you have to buy a screw!)

Old 01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
We should should just agree to disagree...buy what you like or think looks better. It's all a matter of opinion, and only you can decide which one is for you. (Unless you're whipped and your wife tells you that you have to buy a screw!)
hey freeky,,you said it man,,,that is 100% on the money,,good job!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I bought the Supercrew thinking it would be nice to carry all of my hunting gear and keep it in the dry. I now find myself needing more room! Thinking now about buying a Snugtop. In my opinion, you can never have too much room.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:44 PM

what Hooters does your wife work at? She's pretty hot!
My wife is hot, but that's not her, sorry. That was our waitress in the obx.

And again, get what you want, a truck is a truck, with a 6.5 or 5.5ft, scab or screw, either way its a ford and will get the job done

Last edited by ruffn-it; 01-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Interesting how you assume us guys with kids have no interest in spending time with our kids?

With that attitude, do your self a favor and get snipped before you have an "accident" and ruin your "freedom".

Old 01-21-2011, 05:08 PM

How did you come up with this
Originally Posted by Jerry-rigged
Interesting how you assume us guys with kids have no interest in spending time with our kids?

With that attitude, do your self a favor and get snipped before you have an "accident" and ruin your "freedom".
from this
He said nothing of the sort. His wife telling him what kind of truck to buy has nothing to do with kids.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 01-21-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Several people posted on this thread saying they LIKED the Screw because it gives room for the kids... His reply was basically - only reason to get the Screw is because you are Whipped. He sounds a lot like the half dozen 20-something single guys I work with. 75% of their conversations are about how to pick up chicks, and how a wife an kids will "ruin their life" I tell them the same thing I told Freeky - Get snipped now if you really feel wife/kids are the end of your world.

Me? I enjoy being married, and I love spending time with my kids. Leaving them at the house just because I want to do "truck stuff" is not gonna work with me.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry-rigged
Several people posted on this thread saying they LIKED the Screw because it gives room for the kids... His reply was basically - only reason to get the Screw is because you are Whipped.
Still dont see it but ok. He is the same person that also wrote

The super cab is plenty big for kids to ride in the back seat, but I've always like the fact that my truck is not our family car. It keeps the miles down and the interior nice. To be perfectly honest, if the FX4 was available with a regular cab, that's what I would buy.

Quick Reply: To Supercab or to Supercrew, that is the question