2009 - 2014 F-150

To Supercab or to Supercrew, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
...They make me think of guys who have have been told by their wives that they can buy a truck as long as it can fit the whole family...

Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald
Nothing personal but I had to chuckle at that since I'm single and still wanted to get a truck I could haul friends around in.
I had to chuckle at this also since my I wear the pants in my family. My wife makes suggestions only.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
I had to chuckle at this also since my I wear the pants in my family. My wife makes suggestions only.
If it makes you happy to believe that...

Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
My wife wasn't present and didn't even know I was buying a vehicle when I bought my last three trucks.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM
I should have prefaced my earlier post by saying my wife wants a Fusion.....practicality at it's finest. I want another truck, so it shall be done.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by BeckaZ
i was hoping for more of a civil crowd that there minds weren't in a gutter somewhere. sorry if i got you aroused in some way.
WTF? Really?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Moosenuckle
WTF? Really?
OH BOY HERE WE GO. you didn't read my first post here in this thread. that's what i said sounded sexual.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
i have been in there cleaning and vacuuming up the dirt! i was hoping for more of a civil crowd that there minds weren't in a gutter somewhere. after looking back it did seem like thats where i was headed lol. sorry if i got you aroused in some way.

It did kinda sound that way, lol. I just thought it was funny. No harm intended.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by radar's FX4
It did kinda sound that way, lol. I just thought it was funny. No harm intended.
i know some one should take and hide my keyboard when i am drinking. ill write the weirdest stuff after a pack of wine coolers! lol but i guess who wouldn't write a bunch of gibberish when drunk. lol oh well lest no one here saw me dancing on my coffee table topless
JK or am i ?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
And this is the consequence for allowing women to vote.

Last edited by Moosenuckle; 01-25-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Moosenuckle
And this is the consequence for allowing women to vote.
Wow... I hope this is your bad attempt at a joke

Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Throw in my 2 cents. Supercrew is the best of all worlds. I am married and have just my wife. However it is nice to have the screw for offroading trips and piling my buddies in plus all of their gear. Or when we go up to tahoe, my wife and I can just through our stuff in the back seat instead of the bed. I have done plenty of hauling and camping always have enough room with the bed extender.

Both are bad azz and if there is a big difference in price go with the scab but if there relatively close go screw. The fact that you are debating it means you should go screw, in my logic anyhow.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by cegan1825
Wow... I hope this is your bad attempt at a joke

I didn't mean to offend you specifically, just BeckaZ. You should be mad at her, she’s the one putting the female race back 100 years.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I have the Super Cab with the 5.5 ft bed. I kinda like the suicide doors but would get the longer bed on my next truck. Mine was a "hook" truck in the newspaper so it was a good price.

My next one will prob be a Super Crew with the 6.5 bed, best of both worlds..

Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 AM
I have a 2010 FX2 SuperCrew. I had an 05 Silverado Crew 2 wheel drive before that. The difference in room is amazing! We have a 5 month old and we had to put his car seat in middle of the back seat. If you put his car seat on the sides you had to let the front seats up to be able to get it in there. It was still a job to get him out because of the room issue. Not a problem with my new Screw. The front seats can come all the way back and still have enough room.

I haven't had a chance to look at a newer Supercab, but I've owned them in the past. The only thing they're good for is to keep junk back there. I will never own another supercab. You never know what the future holds, you may need that extra room some day. Some friends of ours just bought an 08 or 09 Silverado extended cab and they have a baby on the way. He said the extended cab was cheaper and I just thought to myself you're going to find out real soon you should've got that crew cab. Sure you can manage to get a carseat in and out of an extended cab but its going to be a lot more trouble to do so.

Now that's my opinions on the matter. I have a child and that makes all the difference when buying a truck or car. Plus I like the looks of the crew a lot better.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Big50
Throw in my 2 cents. Supercrew is the best of all worlds. I am married and have just my wife. However it is nice to have the screw for offroading trips and piling my buddies in plus all of their gear. Or when we go up to tahoe, my wife and I can just through our stuff in the back seat instead of the bed. I have done plenty of hauling and camping always have enough room with the bed extender.
Both are bad azz and if there is a big difference in price go with the scab but if there relatively close go screw. The fact that you are debating it means you should go screw, in my logic anyhow.
Great post Big50, I agree. I love my scab, but I opted for the cheaper route and I regret it bigtime. My next Ford will be a Screw!

i know some one should take and hide my keyboard when i am drinking. ill write the weirdest stuff after a pack of wine coolers! lol but i guess who wouldn't write a bunch of gibberish when drunk. lol oh well lest no one here saw me dancing on my coffee table topless
JK or am i ?

Sorry Becka...pics or it didn't happen! ....

Quick Reply: To Supercab or to Supercrew, that is the question