2009 - 2014 F-150

Wheels are on, washed, and FINALLY, NEW PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure looks like a different truck.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 PM
This is one of the best looking combo's i've ever seen on here. I wouldn't ever want a black truck but they look SICK when they look like yours.

Is that the 305's on your stock wheels too?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Very well done. The wheels match the theme of the truck.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 PM
I appreciate all the great comments man! Its a great feeling to know others enjoy the truck as much as I do! Well, almost as much as I do, lol. Alot of research and help from the guys in the forum as well!

Originally Posted by TheKR
This is one of the best looking combo's i've ever seen on here. I wouldn't ever want a black truck but they look SICK when they look like yours.

Is that the 305's on your stock wheels too?
Originally Posted by jlsworks
Very nice, what size tires do you have on the before pictures?
James
They are the same tires from the stock wheels, LT305/55r20

The weather is suppose to get bad in a few days so Im going to try and take some nicer photos with a real camera. Some of the images make the tires to seem a little "balloon" like. But they're not like that in actuality.

Also, since someone mentioned, here is a profile of how far the tires extend from the fenders.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 AM
That looks so good the colors of the rims go great with the colors of the truck nice choice.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Your new rims look great man! It's inspired me to consider a black/machined rim when I can afford it (justify it to my wife, lol) one day. Your combo really adds to the truck and doesn't make it look too crazy or "out there" as some rims can. You might even double your business now that you have something else drawing attention to your truck!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Looks sweet.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Your truck looks great both before and after. Maybe its the pics but I also feel that the truck looks better with the stock rims. Like you mentioned the tires seem to be ballooning off the new rims, the stock ones fit perfect. This could just be the offset you are running or the angle you took the pics.

Have you considered adding the HD heads and tails. If you added those and painted the tailgate all black that would be a perfect combination of black and chrome. You would still have the chrome trim running down the front to match the door handles, mirrors, and grill. Just throwing out suggestions for you. Your truck is very clean overall so I know you are all about making the appearance look as clean as possible.

Post up some different angle pics if you could, especially of the rim and tire combo.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I like it! They look good and the fact that you don't see those rims on every other truck makes it an even better choice!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really like the new combo!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Appreciate all the great comments!!

Moosenuckle, that's what the company has been saying. Lol!

Originally Posted by used2vtec
Your truck looks great both before and after. Maybe its the pics but I also feel that the truck looks better with the stock rims. Like you mentioned the tires seem to be ballooning off the new rims, the stock ones fit perfect. This could just be the offset you are running or the angle you took the pics.

Have you considered adding the HD heads and tails. If you added those and painted the tailgate all black that would be a perfect combination of black and chrome. You would still have the chrome trim running down the front to match the door handles, mirrors, and grill. Just throwing out suggestions for you. Your truck is very clean overall so I know you are all about making the appearance look as clean as possible.

Post up some different angle pics if you could, especially of the rim and tire combo.
Dead in about keeping a clean look!! I'm not sure scouting painting the badge black on the tailgate but I have considered HD heads and tails but now sure how that would look against the front ofthe truck with all the chrome as well as they badge on te tail gate.

Know anyone on here with a black platinum and HD TAILS AND HEADS? I'd love to see it... If not, I may be the guinea pig and try it out soon.

Also, I took some photos earlier all post them when I get a chance to upload them.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by rich_platinum
Appreciate all the great comments!!

Moosenuckle, that's what the company has been saying. Lol!

Dead in about keeping a clean look!! I'm not sure scouting painting the badge black on the tailgate but I have considered HD heads and tails but now sure how that would look against the front ofthe truck with all the chrome as well as they badge on te tail gate.

Know anyone on here with a black platinum and HD TAILS AND HEADS? I'd love to see it... If not, I may be the guinea pig and try it out soon.

Also, I took some photos earlier all post them when I get a chance to upload them.
Search "blackplatBDS" and you will see all of the above

Link to his threads: https://www.f150online.com/forums/se...archid=4159306

Last edited by FX4life; 01-28-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Looks good. Wheels always make the truck "yours". IMO.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM
WOW!!! Awesome color combo. Those match the platinums so well.... Do I smell TOTM nominations? Haha.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 AM
That's a nice looking truck.

Quick Reply: Wheels are on, washed, and FINALLY, NEW PICS