2009 - 2014 F-150

CHecklist to pick up a new 2010 FX4 Scab 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHecklist to pick up a new 2010 FX4 Scab 5.4

Hi Folks! I`m planinag to buy one and need to know what i have to look before accepting the truck.

I know there can be issues with:

1. 3rd brake light water filtration
2. Sirius XM antena water leack

What else?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:00 AM

Computer reflashed for hard shifting issue, if affected. Sync mic tsb if it is mounted on the rear view mirror and your reception sucks, they can also update that software. I recently had my dealer fix those two leaks in the cab you mentioned.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I found this regharding a rattle in the rear sliding window

..."I had this rattle. Had to drive the mechanic around with him in the bed of the truck to trouble shoot !

I also had the 'we can't replicate the squeek' the first time i took it in. Ends up it was raining that day, and the rain 'lubed' the window so the squeek didn' occur. came back a few days later after the seal dried out.

In my situation, it was the rear window (manual slider) that was loose and squeeking when the body twisted over bumps. window removed, seal lubicated, window installed and fasteners torqued. no issues since then."

Any other isues to check before accept the truck? My truck is going to be here next week

Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 PM

We got that recall about the door.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Well this is not a tsb I dont think but I have the shutter you guys talk about and my ford dealership ordered an UPDATED torque converter that supposidly just came out. When travelling at speeds of 30 to 40 in the last gear it starts shaking(shuttering)pretty bad, the whole truck and if you have you will know what I am talking about. The service writter and the shop foreman drove it and got it to do it in my 2010 f150 4x4 screw. They said they called ford and ford said the new converter is coming out so I waited a month or close to it now and it goes in monday morning to have it changed out.

Another forum member adds:

So for those of you with the 2010's.. When you look up at the headliner between the drivers visor and center storage for sunglasses, you see a piece of plastic on the headliner. Is this the alternate external sync microphone.

I know i have looked at the trucks in the lot to see differences. I noticed this piece the other day, but was unaware what it was. My 2009 does not have a little piece of plastic there.

Anyone with a 2010 that goes and looks at their truck and see's this should take a pic if they have the chance. Just curious to see if that's what it actually is or not.

Last edited by artgarcia; 02-16-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah, they want you to pay for them so you don't go to your dealer when see a tsb for your vehicle to get it fixed even if you are not having an issue yet. Or in my case, on my '04 screw I didn't know about the 3rd brake light leaking until it was out of warranty and they wanted me to buy a replacement lens. I told them I will fix it myself. TSB's or not recalls and don't have to be fixed when out of warranty.

Here the TSB for SYNC mic replacement.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 AM
I have a 2010 F150 Lariat that with the ht/ac off has a slight residual airflow coming out floorvent. With ht/ac system on and just the vent position selected have a lot of airflow coming out floorvents. Either condition makes it very uncomfortable on mine and passengers feet. The owners manual clearly states in the off pos. no outside air will come in, in the vent position air is supposed to only come out the dash vents. Well obviously something didn't pan out and the dealership showed me either a memo or tsb that was recently put out that disputed the way the manual described. I am entering arbitration in a couple weeks because my feet can't take the airflow and having owned a 2007 Lariat for years I know there is a problem. Can anyone tell me how I can get a copy of this memo? It has mysteriously disappeared since this is coming to a head?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Another member adds:

When I make U-turns and have to turn the wheels as far left as they go there's one loud ping. Doesn't affect the steering or anything though.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by artgarcia
Another member adds:

When I make U-turns and have to turn the wheels as far left as they go there's one loud ping. Doesn't affect the steering or anything though.
tcs activating.

Quick Reply: CHecklist to pick up a new 2010 FX4 Scab 5.4