2009 - 2014 F-150

off road light help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
off road light help please

can anyone help me with choosing some off road lighting please.

im looking for something i can use on the streets ( of course when no one is around...i live in northern canada) / off roading.

something with seprate switches from the head lights, i need / want 4 lights but that is about all i know, i dont know what is the best bang for the buck

are LED's better / brighter.

what brand are you using how many watts / candle power...

basically i have no idea what i want

thanks for your help

Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are willing to pay the $$$ I would highly recommend these:
http://www.rigidindustries.com/Off-R...-Bars-s/64.htm

Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm going to be ordering a four "Dually" lights from Rigid soon for my Raptor. I think I'm going to go with two white 2600 Lumen Dually "D2"s as offroad/driving lights and two amber 1100 Lumen standard Duallys for fog lights. Looks like it's going to cost about $650 all told, including Raptor bumper mounting brackets. I haven't actually seen them in person, but the reviews and pictures look good. I may do a big light bar in the future, but want to start with something more basic.

For a non-Raptor I'd probably put a 2600 lumen D2 on either side of the license plate ($380), or a 20-inch bar in place of the license plate ($700).

Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 AM
i have a 2010 fx4 and have already bought the smittybilt light bar for the front. i wonder how it would look if i bought them.

im doing some research on them.

thanks

Old 01-29-2011, 08:25 AM
it really depends on how much money you want to spend and how much light you want to put out. do you want the level of light they need to race baja? or just enough to light up the road clearly for the next 2 miles?

my personal favorite is SolTek (bajadesigns.com)

Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I have always been a PIAA buyer in the past. Though now LightForce, Hella and others make great stuff also. I had 2 PIAA 80 Racing #8012 series on my diesel they have a sharp cut off low beam for street use and 135watt super high beam for back roads use. You have to buy a harness #22050 to wire them and it is a little complex. I had an engineer buddy of mine wire them to an AUX switch then I could control them with the factory high low beams. They would throw light for miles. I also had two PIAA Racing 80XT #8360 floods aimed to the sides to catch animals and curves in the road.
I used a Daystar baja bar.

Last edited by L8 APEX; 01-29-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
I have always been a PIAA buyer in the past. Though now LightForce, Hella and others make great stuff also. I had 2 PIAA 80 Racing #8012 series on my diesel they have a sharp cut off low beam for street use and 135watt super high beam for back roads use. You have to buy a harness #22050 to wire them and it is a little complex. I had an engineer buddy of mine wire them to an AUX switch then I could control them with the factory high low beams. They would throw light for miles. I also had two PIAA Racing 80XT #8360 floods aimed to the sides to catch animals and curves in the road.
I used a Daystar baja bar.

i really like the looks of your set up

thanks everyone for your help

Old 01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Camunaro - did you get the Smittybilt Street Bar? I have been looking at those and want to know what you think of it. Anyone know how far it sticks off the front?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by jcarroll
Camunaro - did you get the Smittybilt Street Bar? I have been looking at those and want to know what you think of it. Anyone know how far it sticks off the front?

i do have a smittybilt street bar. i havent installed it yet as i still am not sure what kind of lights i want to add.

once i figure out the lighting situation and its installed ( prob not till spring now ) i will let you know and ill send you some pics

Quick Reply: off road light help please