2009 - 2014 F-150

Factory 18's Fx4 wheels, 35's, and bilstein 5100

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Factory 18's Fx4 wheels, 35's, and bilstein 5100

I have been bouncing around from thread to thread trying to tie all this in, but keep getting more confused, the more I dig.

What I would like to do I think, is have my 2010 FX4 Screw, on original wheels, with 35's on em, (thinking nitto terra grappler)

Want to slip a set of bilstein 5100's in, set to the full 2 1/2, and if needed, I'll change the rear blocks to ensure the truck is not nose high.

My questions are, what are the factory FX4 18" wheel backspace, and offset, and how would these numbers tie in to the bilsteins, and 35's? I like the look of the results Marshall has gotten with wheel spacers, but how would the addition of spacers affect rubbing the 35's on the fenders, ect?

I like the spacers, mostly because I like the look of the lower profile bushwacker flares with the chrome bolts, and without spacers, the flares look a little off.

All this together makes me wonder about the TCS problems some guys were having. Not everyone seems to have these problems, but some definitely do.

Opinions? Guidance? Help?

Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i personally think alot of the tcs problems are due to people bringing there trucks in for an alignment and the shop aligning them to stock specs, i had tcs issues before the alignment on the way to the shop, and i told them it wasnt stock the front end so the guy took that into consideration and we adjusted it accordingly, aligning the truck to stock ford specs i have seen can cause that tcs issue you talk about, and i just measured my stock wheels for ya its right around a 6" backspace

Old 02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can only adjust the toe in and out on these trucks anyway, there are not provisions for cam bolts

Quick Reply: Factory 18's Fx4 wheels, 35's, and bilstein 5100