2009 - 2014 F-150

How much is too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011 | 06:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
I have no idea how much is too much, I just started, knew what I wanted, and accepted nothing less than the best for a show quality truck...

I have posted this before and people always question it and love it or hate it...

My finally tally for modifications came to something north of 40k not including the price of the truck, it was paid for up front. I won't dare to list out everything because it would take 2 pages. Somewhere on this site I posted a tally of my expenditures to-date a year or so ago. The biggest expenditure was last year when I had the entire truck repainted to the tune of nearly 18k.

I am happy with the truck, but I won't dare go this crazy modifying a vehicle again, other priorities have taken over. Plus I plan on keeping it so the next truck will be lightly modified; I am currently eyeballing either an 11' FX4 EB or 11' Raptor. My goal for those is to spend less than 10-15k on mods (I already have both laid out in my head), we will see

My advice would be do what you can with what you have. If you know you won't own it long don't go crazy, you won't get your money back at resale. If you want to keep it for a while then I'd say go for it. Plan out the spending over a few years so it's not one big hit, research everything and the prices monthly till your ready, and check and recheck on installations if your not doing it yourself..

Last edited by FX4life; 02-02-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2011 | 06:47 PM
omg its F150zilla! /drool!!!