2009 - 2014 F-150

Truck is back in the shop again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011 | 01:08 PM
DjG
|
Technical Article Contributor
Angry Truck is back in the shop again!

Hey guys I have had some on going issues with my 2009 xlt, first issue was a whistling noise from the heat, second was a popping noise with the driver window and finally improper wear of front tires. So to start all these issues where brought up and the first dealership I took the truck to did replaced the blower motor and greased the window assembly they also did a wheel alignment at 10,000. After these repairs where done I continually took the truck back for these issue because they where not resolved, every time I got either the alignment was within Ford specs., or unable to replicate issue for the whistle or popping noise. Finally I had enough and contacted Ford, they in turn set me up at another dealership. Well the word is back, truck needs a new blower motor, window regulator and also a new alignment. The alignment is no longer covered as it is over 12,000 miles so that money is out of my pocket, I will be discussing this with the Ford rep. as I do not believe I should be held liable for an issue that was never resolved. This really has me wondering about the quality of some certain dealerships. It is sad to see issues like these keep popping up on a brand new trucks. I really hope this is the last time I deal with these issue's and hope Ford does something to rectify my concerns as my warranty is nearing its end.

Old 02-02-2011 | 01:15 PM
Dang, what are you doing with your truck? I hope you are offroading it like a baja truck with all the problems you are having.

Old 02-02-2011 | 01:26 PM
DjG
|
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Dang, what are you doing with your truck? I hope you are offroading it like a baja truck with all the problems you are having.
lol, you would think right? But thats not the case at all.

Old 02-02-2011 | 01:38 PM
That sucks you're having all this trouble. Hopefully the new dealer you're going to makes it right. All that wasted time and effort just because of a crappy dealer, what a shame. Good luck man.

Old 02-02-2011 | 01:48 PM
DjG
|
Thanks, I really hope so. It's got me thinking about purchasing the Ford ESP, at the current rate it would pay for its self in the first year.

Quick Reply: Truck is back in the shop again!