2009 - 2014 F-150

Wow major fail by new dealership.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the update, I spoke with a very nice gentlemen at Ford and he looked over my case. He offered me an ESP for 5 years 75,000 miles for free. I truly could not believe that Ford would do that. I must say they want to make sure there customers are happy. Though I'm not happy with the situation at hand the fact that I have a company that cares and the warranty is now extended I don't have to worry to much about the things that might go wrong in the future.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by DjG
Here is the update, I spoke with a very nice gentlemen at Ford and he looked over my case. He offered me an ESP for 5 years 75,000 miles for free. I truly could not believe that Ford would do that. I must say they want to make sure there customers are happy. Though I'm not happy with the situation at hand the fact that I have a company that cares and the warranty is now extended I don't have to worry to much about the things that might go wrong in the future.
I had Ford give me the same warranty for free. My truck has had a bunch of little issues since new. At least they are trying lol

Old 02-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Cool. Glad to hear that Ford is doing the right thing. I'd also be asking for them to replace or detail my rear seat and carpet, after that mess.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
The detail job should go to the Service Manager and he should be kissing up if he knew anything about making thing's right again.

As a prior Service Manager; I would look over and then hand wash EVERY vehicle that came throught the shop for warrenty repair. Ungrateful Customer's would still find something to complain about.

Being calm and collective goes a long way in the Service Dept. Good on Ford for the Extended Warranty Agreement. Most objects roll down hill... It will eventually come out of the Service Dept. Budget.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
DjG
I'm very happy with Ford and there commitment to there customers, I'm wait to hear from the dealer but being me I'm going to pull the truck in tonight and detail it in my garage atleast this way I won't have to worry about anything else going wrong.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by rocsorcs
That's messed up.
Say what you want, but be careful how hard you shake your own family tree.

Just stating a fact.

Last edited by tbear853; 02-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by tbear853
Say what you want, but be careful haw hard you shake your own family tree.

Just stating a fact.
I'd rather have a tree to shake than a straight stick.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
It looked like sugar from my end
We've had 90" of sugar this winter in NE Ohio. I think it's a pain in the $s@ to drive in.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by DjG
First I did not leave the window down, second I never said it was Ford's fault. If you read a previous thread of mine you will see I have been dealing with Ford directly to get these issue's resolved because of previous issues with a dealership, this is the new dealership Ford sent me to directly. Ford wants to hear the good and the bad when it comes to there dealerships and in my case I have yet to have a good experience yet. My truck has been in the shop many many many times for the same issues and they have yet to be resolved and this is just add insult to injury.
Sounds fishy to me.

You said:
"The alignment is no longer covered as it is over 12,000 miles so that money is out of my pocket, I will be discussing this with the Ford rep. as I do not believe I should be held liable for an issue that was never resolved. This really has me wondering about the quality of some certain dealerships. It is sad to see issues like these keep popping up on a brand new trucks. I really hope this is the last time I deal with these issue's and hope Ford does something to rectify my concerns as my warranty is nearing its end."

So I bet you called Ford and they wouldn't cover the alignment. Then you decided to screw Ford into extending your warranty, so you went by the dealership and lowered the window, then bitched on here and to Ford and got a free warranty out of them. Sound about right?

No? Then what about this:

You also said "It's got me thinking about purchasing the Ford ESP, at the current rate it would pay for its self in the first year."

Sure is a coincidence that you weaseled an ESP out of Ford isn't it!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Overall I'm pleased with my service writer, but the service manager is clueless. Had my truck in four times for shifting problems, still not resolved. Got a call from their QA person and I unloaded on him. Told them I was tired of being told there was nothing wrong with my transmission, even though the truck is on it's 3rd PCM and 2nd TCM. Told him I was going to drive it till the tranny falls out, then bill the dealership for all my expenses. Got a call from the service writer a few minutes after I hung up with the QA. The writer told me the service manager told him to call me and tell me "Tell Mr. ____ Ford pays us to fix cars." That's how responsive that johnson-head was. Got a little plan for his *** next time the truck goes in.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford850
I'd rather have a tree to shake than a straight stick.
If it bothers you, don't shake the tree.

I've seen it someplace that every true Englishman is at least a 32nd cousin with every other. Other parts of the world where marriages are still made to build family wealth or prestige or to preserve that already saved, it's much closer.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:06 AM
DjG
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
Sounds fishy to me.

You said:
"The alignment is no longer covered as it is over 12,000 miles so that money is out of my pocket, I will be discussing this with the Ford rep. as I do not believe I should be held liable for an issue that was never resolved. This really has me wondering about the quality of some certain dealerships. It is sad to see issues like these keep popping up on a brand new trucks. I really hope this is the last time I deal with these issue's and hope Ford does something to rectify my concerns as my warranty is nearing its end."

So I bet you called Ford and they wouldn't cover the alignment. Then you decided to screw Ford into extending your warranty, so you went by the dealership and lowered the window, then bitched on here and to Ford and got a free warranty out of them. Sound about right?

No? Then what about this:

You also said "It's got me thinking about purchasing the Ford ESP, at the current rate it would pay for its self in the first year."

Sure is a coincidence that you weaseled an ESP out of Ford isn't it!
Sounds like you have nothing better to do but create stories in your head. You should write a book.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by DjG
Sounds like you have nothing better to do but create stories in your head. You should write a book.
stories? what?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
DjG
Referring to johndeerfarmer's comment. He is insinuating that I created these issues with my vehicle so as to get a free ESP. Sorry I would never allow my vehicle to be filled with snow and water for an ESP that I did not know would be offered to me, even so that still isn't something I would do. Also had he followed my previous thread he would have seen that the window regulator was bad and that the blower motor has now been replaced twice. But as I stated before some people in this world just create things in there head just to keep themselves occupied.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by tbear853
If it bothers you, don't shake the tree.

I've seen it someplace that every true Englishman is at least a 32nd cousin with every other. Other parts of the world where marriages are still made to build family wealth or prestige or to preserve that already saved, it's much closer.

That's what I meant. There's a big differnece between 32nd cousins and 1st cousins. 32nd cousins (and a lot lower) would be on a tree with many branches. 1st cousins would be the stick I was refering to.

Quick Reply: Wow major fail by new dealership.