2009 - 2014 F-150

Ford Recalls 280,946 Ford F-150's

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Recalls 280,946 Ford F-150's

Ford is recalling 280,946 Ford F-150s from the 2009 and 2010 model years due to a faulty door handle housing, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

more at the link: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/02...d-f-150s-.html

Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
"In a crash, this defect could cause the door to open. Vehicles included in the recall were manufactured from Jan. 18, 2008, through Nov. 30, 2009."
My truck was manufactured in Feb 2010 so they must have done something different starting in Dec of 09.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 PM
I went to the dealership today for an oil change and mine is included in the recall. He told me the parts won't be available until mid march but if one fails prior to the "fix" they will just replace it with a handle from a truck on the lot.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Toyota needs to take a page out of the book from Ford's customer satisfaction program. Ford recognizes the problem and offers a fix to it's customers. Toyota denies, denies, denies until its blantently obvious there is a problem. Then admits it and still refused to help people who the safety issues affected.

One story always sticks in my head of a Toyota tacoma/tundra with a black box that records vehicle speed etc. Parent's son was involved in a fatality crash when his truck sped up for an unknown reason and struck a street sign/pole and killed him. Toyota refused to help or release the information from the black box as I believed they ruled the kid's death a suicide. Even after the recall Toyota refused to release the information to law enforcement or the family.

For that very reason you will never see a Toyota in my driveway. I don't associate with people or companies who have no moral values for their customers.

I say hat's off to Ford once again.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
Toyota needs to take a page out of the book from Ford's customer satisfaction program. Ford recognizes the problem and offers a fix to it's customers. Toyota denies, denies, denies until its blantently obvious there is a problem. Then admits it and still refused to help people who the safety issues affected.

One story always sticks in my head of a Toyota tacoma/tundra with a black box that records vehicle speed etc. Parent's son was involved in a fatality crash when his truck sped up for an unknown reason and struck a street sign/pole and killed him. Toyota refused to help or release the information from the black box as I believed they ruled the kid's death a suicide. Even after the recall Toyota refused to release the information to law enforcement or the family.

For that very reason you will never see a Toyota in my driveway. I don't associate with people or companies who have no moral values for their customers.

thats nice, but where was Ford when none of us could remove our spark plugs from the several thousand 2005 F150's? FS

Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 PM

Not sure about all that, that would be as easy as a search warrant to get that info from them if they weren't going to cough it up. And while I give credit to ford for the recall, I agree the two piece spark plug design was a fail.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 PM
If I bought my 09 Ford used, would they notify me or the prior owner? Would they fix the recall even tho I have the truck now and not original owner?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mwcarter41
If I bought my 09 Ford used, would they notify me or the prior owner? Would they fix the recall even tho I have the truck now and not original owner?
I bought a used (several previous owners) 2001 Ford Ranger around 7 months ago.

I received a letter from Ford a few months ago notifying me of a minor recall that has never been performed on my truck, directing me to take it to a Ford dealer.

So yeah, they have the ability to find the current owner based on the state records.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM

^ x2, I was the second owner of my 01 when I got the ' O your truck might catch fire and burn your house down' letter.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 AM

^ Now that's funny!

Toyota has been much more willing to acknowledge and fix a problem then Ford ever has been. Ford normally chooses to ignore the issue even when there are thousands and thounds of customers are effected by it. the only thing Ford will ever fix is a safety issue that the NTSB forces them to.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM
so is this the driver's door handle only, or all 4 if you have a Screw, or what?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
ford lol at fixing stuff, they have a service bulliten for the previous service bulliten, on my shelby there are 4 TSB's for the clutches breaking after 5,000 miles, and let me say ford will do anything to get out of honoring there warrenty, the only reason this is a recall is it most likely has caused numerous injuries or fatalities.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Steve,
Any of the inside handles and only if there is an issue.

Remedy:
OWNERS WILL BE INITIALLY NOTIFIED AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR
VEHICLES TO A FORD OR LINCOLN/MERCURY DEALER IF ANY INTERIOR
DOOR HANDLE IS LOOSE OR FAILS TO RETURN TO THE STOWED POSITION
AFTER ACTIVATION FOR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECT MODULE. ONCE
PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE, OWNERS WILL BE RENOTIFIED AND
INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO A FORD OR LINCOLN/MERCURY
DEALER FOR INSPECTION OF EACH INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE. DEPENDING
ON THE RESULTS OF THE INSPECTION, THE DEALER WILL EITHER ADD A
SPRING EMBOSSMENT REINFORCEMENT OR REPLACE THE INTERIOR DOOR
HANDLE MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED
TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT FEBRUARY 14, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT
FORD AT 1-866-436-7332.

http://www.safercar.gov

Old 02-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeah don't get all fan boy with Ford here... every company pulls crap. Ford knew the plugs were bad and I, like many have been forced to bend over. Ford isn't a perfect company by far, and fyi, all vehicles mass produced are complete crap. It's not handmade and they are looking to make $$. Unless you are buying a hand built car with top quality materials, you look for the better of the crappy ones. For what vehicles are, Ford makes one of the best vehicles imo, but it's all crap.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
so is this related to openong my driver door and the spring or something brokeinside there,and the handle returms but very lazily? Is ghis regardingthat? Sorry bad typing on phone.lol... Been meaning to go in guess it's a hazard?!

Quick Reply: Ford Recalls 280,946 Ford F-150's