2009 - 2014 F-150

Droid Incredible disconnects

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue with my iPhone 4

Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Had the same issue. Dealer says it's the phone. Asked them then why does it happen to all 8 phones I tested it on. They didn't have an answer. Asked them why does the dash show a paired phone icon when no phone is within a hundred feet. Again no answer. Their answer is always "It's your phone."

Sync Sucks.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my experience, Sync works 99.5%. Most of the issues are related to:

1) Operator head-space and timing (ID10T error)
2) Phone/carrier BT profile

Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks all for the replies.
I checked the phone and sync - both are up to date. I'll check the Android forums next.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I have the Incredible with zero problems with Sync or anything else. Best phone I've ever had!

Old 02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Make sure nobody has selected the BT audio under the media input area.
My kids did this and it drove me crazy for a week, constantly disconnected my phone.
Also, there is an option to autoplay BT audio, turn that off.

There is also a known issue with the WIFI and BT radio conflicting that will cause the BT to drop when you loose your WIFI connection. This can happen as you drive away from your house for instance. But it will let you reconnect.

The BT audio input would disconnect my phone (and just the phone side)every time. Simply selecting Jukebox or USB in cured that for me.

This was all on a Galaxy S phone, but it cant hurt to try.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Fireraider61
Make sure nobody has selected the BT audio under the media input area.
My kids did this and it drove me crazy for a week, constantly disconnected my phone.
Also, there is an option to autoplay BT audio, turn that off.

There is also a known issue with the WIFI and BT radio conflicting that will cause the BT to drop when you loose your WIFI connection. This can happen as you drive away from your house for instance. But it will let you reconnect.

The BT audio input would disconnect my phone (and just the phone side)every time. Simply selecting Jukebox or USB in cured that for me.

This was all on a Galaxy S phone, but it cant hurt to try.
That's true about the wifi doing that. My bluetooth streamed music would kinda do that when wifi was turned on.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Replacing Droid Incredible

Well after almost throwing my phone out the window since it won't work properly with my Ford Sync I called Verizion Tech today. They don't know of any bluetooth issues with the Incredible (likely story) and called HTC customer support.

Five minutes later the Verizon rep comes back on and says HTC says the phone is not compatible with Ford SYNC and we'll exchange the phone.

We'll see what happens. I ordered the Motorola Droid 2 Global, but think I might get the Motorola Droid X instead.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Fireraider61 and AClayeJ are exactly right... I turned off WiFi and haven't had a disconnect in more than a week. I'm not happy about it, but oh well. Thinking I might wait for the Thunderbolt.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Red'10Lariat
Fireraider61 and AClayeJ are exactly right... I turned off WiFi and haven't had a disconnect in more than a week. I'm not happy about it, but oh well. Thinking I might wait for the Thunderbolt.
A little rediculous that these phones do everything but make calls well. I don't want to turn off my WiFi in order for bluetooth to work. I know this is a HTC issue because I just bought my wife a Jabra Cruiser 2 for her car and it does the same thing. Constantly disconnects but at least the Jabra automatically tries to reconnect, the Ford Sync doesn't seem to do that until I try and make a call.

Quick Reply: Droid Incredible disconnects