2009 - 2014 F-150

Droid Incredible disconnects

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Droid Incredible disconnects

I have a Droid Incredible and the full NAV system in my 2010 F150 Lariat. Things seemed to be ok when I first got the truck but for the past 2 months it usually disconnects every time... sometimes within a few minutes of starting up the truck and other times after 15 minutes or more. I synced my wife's LG Envy3 and it never disconnected on a 2 hour drive.

I've resynced the phone, even going so far as wiping out the address book and changing the phone's Bluetooth ID, to no avail. I've also put the phone in the cup holder or on the dashboard and it still disconnects.

Does anyone else have a Droid Incredible (or any Droid flavor for that matter) that disconnects like this? Any thoughts on how to keep it synced?

Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I have a Droid Captivate and don't have any sync problems.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Ford#1
Originally Posted by Red'10Lariat
I have a Droid Incredible and the full NAV system in my 2010 F150 Lariat. Things seemed to be ok when I first got the truck but for the past 2 months it usually disconnects every time... sometimes within a few minutes of starting up the truck and other times after 15 minutes or more. I synced my wife's LG Envy3 and it never disconnected on a 2 hour drive.

I've resynced the phone, even going so far as wiping out the address book and changing the phone's Bluetooth ID, to no avail. I've also put the phone in the cup holder or on the dashboard and it still disconnects.

Does anyone else have a Droid Incredible (or any Droid flavor for that matter) that disconnects like this? Any thoughts on how to keep it synced?
I had a Droid incredible and hated it, I just got a Droid 2 Global and I could not be happier. No offense, but the Incredible was the worst phone I have ever had!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I have a Droid 2 and it disconnected twice but hasn't done it for a while

Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 PM

Have you checked to see if there are any updates for your sync software?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Red'10Lariat

My wife's phone does this on her 2010 Explorer, she said when it does that, she has to shut her phone off for a few minutes and turn it back on. Then it is fine for awhile. She doesn't know what causes it, but said it happens every once in awhile. Anyway, sounds like the same issue, so try powering down your phone for awhile if you haven't already.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm not that familiar with Droids, but I do have a Blackberry and know a little about phones. You could make sure the Droid OS is up to date. If it is or if it still does it after you have updated it; it could very well be the phone itself (hardware not software related).

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM
I have the droid X and a 2010 Lariat with nav. I find my bt too be finicky based on what else is active and the order in which it connects. For example, if I approach on a call and the truck picks up, then I end the call, after approx. 5 min the bt disconnects. If I start bt with the audio streaming, then I must use the steering wheel phone button to activate bt for the phone. There are a number of other odd bt connect issues I find as well. Before I had a Samsung omnia, it all worked flawlessly! Never 1 problem and never a finicky connect issue. I think the droid bt software needs to be improved and is buggy. Even the streaming breaks up depending what apps are running or if wifi is active.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:39 AM
On sync my ride website their is a list of known compatible cell phones for use with sync. Maybe yours is just one of the few that has compatibility issues or you need to upgrade software.

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...blePhones.aspx

Last edited by kiowamtp; 02-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the stock (cheaper) radio but sync with my Incredible. Never had a problem with music, Pandora or anything.

Maybe check out what the Android guys have to say about it:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/

Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Do iPhones work properly with Sync?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Yuppie same issues here. I have the Incredible with the upgraded Sony w/o nav. I've repaired, deleted phonebooks, shut off auto download at least 6 times.

Now 90% of the time it won't connect automatically (I have to go into the phone's menu and connect) and when it does it usually will disconnect after a few minutes. I've also had it make a high pitched noise during calls and other weird sounds when the line is ringing on an outgoing call.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM
i have the droid incrediable....... and have had NO issues at all..... i actually like it better than the blackberry storm had previous

Old 02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Red, I have a 2009 Platinum w/ Nav. I had an LG phone from Verizon and had very similar problem. The phone started to disconnect on occasion for a while.

A few weeks later is was within 5 minutes, but as you said my wifes phone was fine. My Verizon guy said it was the Bluetooth software in my phone. Had them swap it out and no problems since. It was not the truck or sync system.

Hope that helps.

MG

Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the problem is in who makes the phone. HTC, Moto, LG, etc... Google just makes the OS and other companies make the phones. Same goes for the Windows phones. iPhones and Blackberrys are different. They make the phone and the OS for them, so they know exactly how the software and hardware will relate and communicate with each other. It could be certain HTC or Moto phones doing this. Like said above, you may could find more answers an Android forum.

Again, I could be wrong though.

Quick Reply: Droid Incredible disconnects