2009 - 2014 F-150

Removing dealership ID

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is a dealer decal, I just put something like this over it.

http://www.theamericanflagstore.com/...-Car-size.html

Works like a charm!

If it is the emblem type, then the fishing line trick is the best route.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a hair dryer or a heat gun (on low setting) works very well. all you want to do is warm the glue enough to start pulling it off. usually when i take them off, if there is any glue residue, i use WD-40 to get the rest of the glue off, it works great and WILL NOT damage the paint. i've even done this for ones that have been on vehicles for several years.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:09 PM
for the front license plate cover, just take it off, spray paint it black or another color, and place a sticker on it to make your own license plate cover for the cost of a sticker.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by 1depd
When you're doing x-plan it's kind of hard not to have a decent purchase experience.
I did buy on X-plan but it took me 4 dealers to put a deal together (2 just flat out dropped the ball, the other sold the truck I was promised to someone else). The dealer I bought mine from (Bartow Ford) actually gave me more for my trade so I was glad the other dealer "stiffed" me. Plus the is more to a purchase experience beside price, in my opinion,

Old 02-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
I did buy on X-plan but it took me 4 dealers to put a deal together (2 just flat out dropped the ball, the other sold the truck I was promised to someone else). The dealer I bought mine from (Bartow Ford) actually gave me more for my trade so I was glad the other dealer "stiffed" me. Plus the is more to a purchase experience beside price, in my opinion,
It sounds like you had some bad dealers. I did forget about trade-in. Probably because I have only traded one in and that was almost 10 years go to the month. Now I always sell my used cars on the private market.

It's kind of hard to screw up a deal where the person goes in and says I want this truck with these options, what's the price, and there is no negotiation. Some would say the dealer almost has to try to screw it up and I'm sure many have.

I know what you mean about there being more to the purchase than price. The dealer I'm buying from was on my short list of not buying from. I visited their lot a few months ago and even wandered through their showroom, but the sales people were too busy talking to each other to worry about me. E-mails were shot to Ford and the dealer's manager detailing the poor service. I went back to them to test drive the truck only because they were the only dealer that had the truck bodies I was interested in. I had no intention of buying from them. I drove in front of the showroom then proceeded to the far end of the lot, where the trucks were parked. I was there less than 20 seconds when I noticed the salesman walking over. When it came time to buy, I e-mailed five dealerships to get prices. Four responded. One got my name completely wrong, and had talked to this guy personally. One wanted me to pay full price with nothing off. One would only work with me on their schedule. The last one waited too long to respond. So I went back to the dealer I had issues with and ordered the truck, since they gave the best service (and were the most improved). The sales guy came in on his day off to order the truck for me.

Quick Reply: Removing dealership ID