2009 - 2014 F-150

2009-2010 F150 Door Jamb water problem..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009-2010 F150 Door Jamb water problem..

I can't believe for hasn't fixed this!!! 8 years later and still!

My 2002 reg cab did the same thing...Its fairly un-preventable if you live in the snow... And i'm sure others have this problem...

The clips that hold the kick plate on are rusting already.....jeez..

The water lays right with some of your harness....

Weather techs and being as clean as possible....Still it gets full...

Anyways.... Have a peek under that kick plate if you hear a small river flowing in your cab...

It was mild today so it was all melted...I just soaked it all up with a rag..

Last edited by redtherocket; 02-07-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Is that from dragging in snow on your boots? Or from the road?
And did you just decide to look from your past experience, or were you following rust trails?

EDIT:
After looking at the pix carefully this time, I decided it must be from road debris..........am I right? And have you got mud flaps?

Last edited by High-ster; 02-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
It from my boots....

I kick them off and do a good job....Its just the fact that when the heater melts the un-preventable snow, it flows right under the kickplate and into the door jamb... To soak the electrical..lol

It freezed for a few weeks, and like I said, today I could hear it running so I soaked it up...

There should be some sort of drain on there....Or diverter or something...IMO

So it doesn't accumulate in that trench..

I know for a fact I'm a lot more carful than a lot of people in the sense of not getting the cab full of snow...And still...

I'm not bashing the truck, I love it...Just showing others...

Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Maybe you should try floor mats that capture the water instead of shedding it.......

Or something to soak up the water while you are working.

Cuz my '10 XLT's which is over a year old now doesn't look like that, but I'm retired.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Could this be an issue with the vinyl floor only? Maybe folks with carpeted floors wont see this issue. Interesting though, will have to take a look at my XLT.

Last edited by zski128; 02-07-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by High-ster
Maybe you should try floor mats that capture the water instead of shedding it.......

Or something to soak up the water while you are working.

Cuz my '10 XLT's which is over a year old now doesn't look like that, but I'm retired.
I think you're right about the floor mats. I've always had mats that capture the slop and it evaporates in the mat or I dump it if it really builds up. I was planning on getting the shedding mats until I see where they actually dump the slop (inside the door jamb).
Carpet probably helps too since it traps some of the moisture and lets it evaporate there rather than pushing it all over to the door jamb to collect.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM
OCD!!!! no man thats weird. I just bought some of those floor mats too, Well crap! guess ill just keep rags tucked away around window and doors. Now im gonna have to tear my truck all apart thanks alot. maybe fill it full of expandable foam and ****ing

Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
you cant say ****ing? oh wait..caulking, man ive been out of school too long gotta start reading books or something.geesh

Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I had a set of those big mats with the deep grooves that catch the water to dump it...

It was worse...

The weather techs really help the problem. Just don't prevent it.

I wouldn't really call it OCD.

When you hear trickling water in your cab, your bound to seek it out..

The point of the post was just to show people if they hear it too...

I've seen people ask about it on other forums....Earlier models though..

Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Went out to look at my truck, thankfully no water in the channel! But looking at your pictures and at my truck, I thought of two ways it could be getting in there...

1. Water would flow from your mat to the jamb area, but since the door is closed and sealed, the water goes to the only spot it can go...

2. The holes where the trim attaches to the body have no protection on the other side, so the only thing preventing water from splashing up from the wheels is the small gasket around the trim clips...which I imagine don't work very well when cold.

This seems very possible to me since I noticed a ton of moisture around that hole and the clip on my truck, and there are salt marks on my carpet where I've never step foot but it's around those holes.

Could try putting some sort of rubber/plastic sheet glued to the inside around and inside the hole to see if that helps seal things up. Similar to the rubber/plastic sheet between the doors and door trim.

Or it could be both.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Goldie...do you have a moonroof on your truck? If you do...it is possible that the area where your front overflow tubes usually drain, are blocked up, and can cause the water to back up into that track. The reason i ask is b/c i've seen the rear tubes do this in person...when they drain, they can actually over flow to the rear door channels. Its possible also that its coming from the rear channel area? Ford put a few drain holes in these channels too... If you need another one...jsut drill it and paint the hole so that it wont rust.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the posts guys.

No moonroof Timelessr1

I willbe adressing the issue when nice weather comes around.... Its to cold and wet to make and thing stick...lol

Thanks for the observations airforceixi, I'm definatly going to find a permenant fix this summer...

Now that you've pointed it out, the water could very well be coming from those holes for the kick plate fasteners..

Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Mine does the same thing. I took it all apart this Fall and washed out the channel. It had some dried salt residue, etc in there. Then I sanded everything lightly and put on 4 coats of Por 15. I'm a little more careful about cleaning off my boots now and I keep a towel under the seat to wipe up any excess water, etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Just drill a small hole to let the water out. Then take a little paint and touch up the hole so it doest rust

Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by redfx4150
Just drill a small hole to let the water out. Then take a little paint and touch up the hole so it doest rust
Thats what I will be doing....

2 holes in the underside of the rocker and in the door jamb...

When it gets warm enough for paint to stick.

Quick Reply: 2009-2010 F150 Door Jamb water problem..