2009 - 2014 F-150

Rattles, squeakes, seat belt & possible leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles, squeakes, seat belt & possible leak

Newbie here, mostly a lurker. In late October, purchased a 2010 4x2 Lariat screw, 3.55ls, Sony stereo, drop-in bedliner. It now has about 6100 miles on it. I bought my truck out of state for $7600 off sticker after rebates and gave up the $1k rebate because I didn't trade with Ford. I sold my 05 F150 4x4 xlt screw with 152k miles for $8500. I really like my 2010 except for: brakes squeal after it's been sitting awhile, rattle in the back that sounds like the rear glass wants to fall out, front passenger seat belt locks up when fully extended and will not release without allowing the belt to fully retreat and start over and finally when I wash the truck I see water under the gasket around the 3rd brake light although I haven't seen any inside the cab yet. Here is my delimma: since I didn't buy this truck locally, how much pressure can/should I put on the local dealership to handle these issues? It is a 5 hour drive to the dealership where I purchased it. All of these things added together are making me wonder if I should of just kept my 2005. It had 152k miles but no mechanical issues at all and still looked good. It had a few rattles but none as bad as my new one has and the brakes didn't squeal. What do you all think?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Any Ford dealer can deal with any Ford product so you should be good to go having the local Ford dealer take a look at these issues.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that you will find that all but the drivers seat belt will behave that way. It is a safety feature in that you can change the behavior of the seatbelt from inertia locking, like when you hit the brakes hard or hit something, to where it is locked tight with no slack possible and only letting it retract all the way resets the ratchet lock. This is meant for car seat usage, and possibly hostages too. You activate it by pulling it out all the way, then it ratches back as you retract it.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 AM
You shouldn't have to put any pressure on the dealer to fix your problems. They are a ford dealer, you bought a ford product, they have to honor the ford warranty. Period. I bought my f150 and fusion 300 miles away from where I live, that doesn't mean I haven't had them to the ford dealer 3 miles away to be serviced. Plus, I am sure the local dealer appreciates that I am supporting them by buying some accessories through them, as well as the warranty work itself. The dealers do make money off of warranty work-not as much as they make off of Joe schmo off the street, but profit nonetheless. Don't let them hassle you, have them take care of your truck for you. Also, I am in agreement about the seatbelt. I am 99% positive what you are describing is simply the nature of the seatbelt and cant be "fixed". However your other problems sound legit and i would have them looked at. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Rattles, squeakes, seat belt & possible leak