2009 - 2014 F-150

New Truck Colour!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We went with the candy red on our 2011.
Can't Wait to see it in person when it is delivered.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
My '09 F250 is Sterling Gray and the '11 F150 ordered is going to be Sterling Gray as well. I originally wanted Ingot Silver but, I am getting the big towing mirrors and don't like the accent on the top with the silver FX4. The towing mirrors are the only ones that bother me with the painted caps.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
candy red

Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Is it a mirror?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
In the beginning Henry Ford gave you a choice you could get it in Black or........you could get in Black.

Once you go Black you never go back

Seriously since the advent of clear-coat many moons ago, having a black vehicle is no more difficult than any other color.

I wouldn't suggest you run one through a cheap *** gas station spinning sandpaper car wash, but I wouldn't suggest doing that with any color vehicle.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Black would be my choice too. As stated its easier today to keep vehicles cleaner especially black. But in the end its your choice.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had a few trucks with all different colors and I put my choices in order: 1 being the best.

1) Electric Blue Metallic (Blue Flame)
2) Dark Metallic Blue
3) Candy Apple Red Metallic
4) Dark Red Metallic
5) Copper Metallic
6) Dark Grey Metallic
7) Light Grey Metallic
8) Silver Metallic
9) Bright Red Metallic
10) Black Metallic
11) White
100000.....) Green

Light colors as Silver, White, and Yellow don't show scratches. When they are there, the white color of the clear coat being scratched is hidden by the paint's lighter colors.

However I absolutely hate white. I had a white car and hated the color. It was my first brand new car and was cheap so I took it. White looks clean from a far and down right nasty close up when it is dirty. Most corporate company utility vehicles are all white so they look like fleet vehicles. White seems to hide the lines of the body and contrasts with black moldings and mirrors.

Black being better hides the lines of the vehicles body as well and looks bad from dirt. They also get really hot inside. I would never own a black vehicle or a white vehicle again.

I can't stand to even look at vehicles that are green. I dislike green that much. It's such an ugly color I can't see why they offer it on vehicles.

Dark colors like dark greys and blues will show scratches badly. The white clearcoat scuff/scratch sticks out like a sore thumb on dark colors.

Ultimately it's up to you, so our opinions mean nothing.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 PM
black

Black is like being married to a beautiful woman. She's high maintenance. Every now and then, you'll look at your friends with their homely, low maintenance wives and think 'I really wish I had one of those'...

Then your beautiful wife gets dressed up, you look at her and realize all the work is worth it after all.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by technikal
Black is like being married to a beautiful woman. She's high maintenance. Every now and then, you'll look at your friends with their homely, low maintenance wives and think 'I really wish I had one of those'...

Then your beautiful wife gets dressed up, you look at her and realize all the work is worth it after all.
You know that saying right? No matter how hot she is someone somewhere is tired of putting up with her S&@*!

Quick Reply: New Truck Colour!!!!!!!!!!???????????