2009 - 2014 F-150

New Truck Colour!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck Colour!!!!!!!!!!???????????

I know the exact truck (options etc.) I want and I'm about to pull the trigger finally(SCrew FX4!!!)..thanks everyone for all your help!!! But I'm totally hooped on what colour to get....I know...... sounds ridiculous..At first I was totally stuck on the Black and was convinced that's what I wanted. That was until everyone I know who has a black vehicle stated they would never buy one again...my concern with black is scratches showing up easier..and the cleaning nightmare...although some have stated that the black with the metalic colouring hides the scratches better?? (the truck will be a city truck for the most part and parked outside.) Now I'm torn as I'm also a big fan of the white and they seem to catch my eye when I see them cruising about. White I have been told is the easiest to maintain and also hides scratches best. But also the Ingot silver seems like a pretty good looking colour on the truck as well. Any help form current owners with these colours and any High def pictures would be welcome....As of right now I'm leaning towards the white.....jeesh this is ridiculous......

Last edited by Reddragon8; 02-08-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 AM
My wife's Explorer is an old color called silver mist, but it is essentially the same as the ingot silver. The paint is beat to he!!, but you have to be close to see the scratches. I have also had a white truck. Both hide scratches very well. I would do both colors again without hesitation. The wife wants different colors so I met her half way. I bought the truck I wanted but chose the grey.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Reddragon8
I know the exact truck (options etc.) I want and I'm about to pull the trigger finally(SCrew FX4!!!)..thanks everyone for all your help!!! But I'm totally hooped on what colour to get....I know...... sounds ridiculous..At first I was totally stuck on the Black and was convinced that's what I wanted. That was until everyone I know who has a black vehicle stated they would never buy one again...my concern with black is scratches showing up easier..and the cleaning nightmare...although some have stated that the black with the metalic colouring hides the scratches better?? (the truck will be a city truck for the most part and parked outside.) Now I'm torn as I'm also a big fan of the white and they seem to catch my eye when I see them cruzing about. White I have been told is the easiest to maintain and also hides scratches best. But also the Ingot silver seems like a pretty good looking colour on the truck as well. Any help form current owners with these colours and any High def pictures would be welcome....As of right now I'm leaning towards the white.....jeesh this is ridiculous......
Black is the best, no doubt about it. ONLY! If you take good care of it

Washing:
Two bucket method
High quality soap
High quality sponges
Most importantly good microfiber towels

Black is also best kept in the shade or under cover.

White does look good as you stated. You would clean it just like you do a black car but it will not show swirl marks nearly as bad.

I ordered silver on my new truck, it will be about like keeping a white truck. Maybe show just a little more...

I've owned all of these colors, black was a nuisance not because of swirls (because I detail) but have one dusty day in the summer and it looks horrible.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, one thing I just noticed from the ford.ca build and price function, is that different trim levels of the '11's offer different colors. The FX4, and Platinum offer far fewer color choices that the XLT, XTR, or even Lariat. Why would they do that? So your choices on the color you may pick, will depend on the trim level you are looking to buy? Which are you looking at?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Black looks really good, in a Darth Vador kind of way. But drive it a mile, and you get enough dust on it to screw up the wash job.

My current ride is silver, and is 12 years old. No, the paint does not look great, but it does look good. If you look close, though, there are paint fade lines that would look like total cr@p on any dark-ish color.

Color is down the list for me, but if I get a choice, it will be #1 Golden Bronze, then dark red or dark green. Silver, white, black, blue are all ok. The dark grey looks great in pics, but in person, it is (IMHO) kind of drab.

Last edited by Jerry-rigged; 02-08-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
I have the dark grey (Sterling Metalic) and I like it. It hides the dust and salt well. As far as scratches, I have a few (not sure how I got them) and Scratch X from Maguires hides them for a few weeks. THe color looks really good polished up in the evening sun, almost gets a gold tint to it.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
i was between red. ingot and the blue. Ive had black before and it is beautiful, but to hard to keep. my blue is a little better. I had a red one and it seemed to not show much. Silver was my second choice, but opted for the blue flame. Ingot silver is sharp

Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I just ordered my '11 Screw FX4 yesterday and went with the oxford white. I thought it would good contrasted with the black ranch hand bumpers Im putting on it. Black does look good, but I just dont have the time or will anymore to keep it clean as it needs to be.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The black with all the flake may do a better job of hiding the scratches, it will certainly look better than previous blacks that where just 'black'; or where 'flat' as I described them because they had no 'wow' factor. Tuxedo black is very sharp and certainly catches they eye, especially in full sunlight.

As long as you keep up with the paint, in the detailing and such, you should be fine with whatever color you chose. Any color that is just 'let go' with no care or detailing will look like hell. bright Red is terrible when you let it go, so is bright blue; but with proper detailing both look phenomenal and have massive amounts of depth, sheen, and attractiveness! Colors like white and silver are probably easiest to keep clean and hide certain flaws better at times (light scratches, etc..) but really lack the kind of depth I am looking for after a detail job. Silver will pop after a detail but I just can't get passed the lack of depth in the paint. As mentioned black is b-e-a-utiful when it's kept clean and detailed but does not last more than a few hours. Plus in the Texas summer heat i would never even consider black.

I prefer loud colors like race red, blue flame, or molten orange though. Colors that just can't go unnoticed after a good detail

My choices for color are simple. If I go with a raptor its molten orange or blue flame. If i go with an FX4 its blue flame or race red. If it was a platinum I'd consider ingot silver or platinum white, though I wouldn't rule out tuxedo black cause it looks soo good!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Blue Flame all the way!!!! I've had black and white both on trucks in the past, and like others, didn't like the fact that they looked "drab" and there were a lot of them on the road. I had a 2000 F250 that was a maroon color with a lower black accent, and it was my favorite color aside from the blue flame on my f150.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
go with the silver.. It looks sweet on the 09+... whites is close second. I wish I would have gotten silver.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
blue flame!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
BLUE FLAME

Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I got the Platinum White, as I love that color, was going to go black but I had a 99 Tripple Black F150 and it looked great when clean but like crap when dirty.

With a kid I just don't have time to keep it as clean as I would like. So white it is!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
If you go with the factory 20" rims, I say go silver. If you go with the 18", go white. I went with the 18" and white. I currently have a 2002 Black F150, so I'm looking forward to white. Dealer said today she is scheduled for delivery on the 18th!!

Here are some pics of white with 20's.
http://trucknsale.com/car/41423516.html

Quick Reply: New Truck Colour!!!!!!!!!!???????????