2009 - 2014 F-150

SCAB front to back wheel weight retio

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCAB front to back wheel weight retio

With all of this recent snow I got to wondering what the ratio of weight there is on the front and back wheels. This is my first pick-um-up truck and I have heard that they are light on the rear wheels, therefor requiring additional weight in the back for traction in the snow. Now I have 2010 FXT Super Crew cab. Logic tells me the larger cab and smaller bed should make the weight distribution better.

So I'm curious, do any of you super technical types know what that weight distribution and or ratio is? It might be interesting to see a comparison of the various cab configurations.

Thanks
Rod
2010 FXT SCAB 5.4

Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what the ratio is, I haven't taken the time to weigh it...But I have a 2010 SCrew XLT 6.5' bed and I have 360 pounds of sand in the bed right now.

When I first put it in, it slid to the front of the bed, and I could tell that it had moved when I was running in the snow. I now have it strapped to the rear tie-downs with it split, 180 per side, and even though I haven't been on as bad of roads as when I first got the truck, it is a much better drive then before.

Also, I was only running 240 pounds for a while, but I just found it a little light for my tastes. I admit that I may have too much in there, but my opinion, the more the merrier.

Quick Reply: SCAB front to back wheel weight retio