2009 - 2014 F-150

Went to the Dealer and Negoiated for my FX4 Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to the Dealer and Negotiated for my FX4 Questions!

Went to the dealer yesterday and tried out a similar truck to the one I'm ordering...FX4 lux with 20's, sunroof etc. Had spoken with the salesmen previous and had hammered out his bottom line on the phone. After my test drive we spoke some more numbers and his "written" offer was slightly different. Now previously he told me the price would be $41,xxx ALL IN. His paperwork from yesterday shows $42,xxx all in and he took his "discount" off after sales tax was calculated. I think this is why there is a slight dicreptancy between my quoted phone price and his written price. He also added Plainum Shield Protection for $349..Is this a waste of time? I live in an area where salt and winter elements are an issue. I'm in no rush to buy, but my salesman mentioned that recycle your ride will end after March so for me to get the $2000 discount I need to make a deal before the end of March..is this true? When getting a deal, do the salesmen normally take "their" above and beyond discount (he took an extra $3000 above and beyond the incentives) discount off before taxes are calculated or is he pulling a fast one on me and taking it out after?? Also what's everyone's take on the P.S.P. I mentioned above?

I will be custom ordering my truck and he said that if a better discount come along ONLY when my truck is delivered they would honour it, but my understandig was that anytime during waiting for your truck you can take advantage of the best discounts..Is this true?

Last edited by Reddragon8; 02-13-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 PM
It all depends on the tax codes where deal is completed if the incentives are considered "discounts" to the selling price and not taxed, or a "down payment" after the taxes have been calculated. As far as any added paint protection, you have the standard warranty for paint of 3yrs/and however kilometers 50K miles equal as well as the rust-through warranty by Ford. These "treatments" are usually just a source of extra profit for dealers and never worth the money. Whatever you do, don't let them know that you're eager to get into a truck without waiting. They'll use that to take advantage of you every time. As far as incentives are concerned, they are usually whatever is in effect on the delivery date and not the order date; but then Canada might be different.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
Don't bother with that "Platinum Shield Protection" stuff...it is not worth that amount of money and I believe you also get a "kit" with additional stuff that you have to "re-apply" every so often for it to do any good...all in all very overpriced.

Dennis

Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
You can do the same thing to the paint yourself with a $20 bottle of Meguiars NXT 2.0.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
just a question............are you sure you want 20" wheels (and lower profile tires) on a 4wd truck?

Quick Reply: Went to the Dealer and Negoiated for my FX4 Questions!