2009 - 2014 F-150

Aftermarket Running Boards?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Running Boards?

I'm not to kean on the running boards ford offers and am tossing the idea of purchasing some Ionic 5" railway running boards in lieu of purchasing them from ford. I like the styling much better and would get all black. Anyone know of any similar in styling or are these good ones?

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2009-2010.aspx

Does Ford offer something similar for SCrew cab style? I couldn't find anything.

Last edited by Reddragon8; 02-14-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Ford actually sells something identical that just says ford on it. I ordered a pair through my local dealer here for about $300 last wed, should see them this coming thurs/fri. Seeing as how I live in Alaska, you should be able to get them for less, probably about 250. If you would like I can snap some pics for you when they show up. the link on fords website-

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~9L3Z_16450_GA

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 AM
When I bought my truck I wanted black instead of the normal chrome so I was able to get them to order me black instead. They didn't want to but I won out after a long fight.
[IMG]Aftermarket Running Boards?-1u75i.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Sonoma Super Crew; 02-14-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Reddragon8
I'm not to kean on the running boards ford offers and am tossing the idea of purchasing some Ionic 5" railway running boards in lieu of purchasing them from ford. I like the styling much better and would get all black. Anyone know of any similar in styling or are these good ones?

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2009-2010.aspx

Does Ford offer something similar for SCrew cab style? I couldn't find anything.
I had the 5" factory chrome running boards on my truck when I purchased it. I sold those and put on these black Ionic running boards. I have had them since last June. So far no problems with them.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Sonoma Super Crew
When I bought my truck I wanted black instead of the normal chrome so I was able to get them to order me black instead. They didn't want to but I won out after a long fight.
[IMG][/IMG]
BTW LOVE your truck....exact same one I am ordering (white!!) and love the look of those running boards on it as well...Thanks a bunch I will go with something similar to those!!! Thanks alot everyone for your responses!!!

Any Idea what the part # was for those??

Last edited by Reddragon8; 02-14-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Although Ford sells the black tubular Nerf bars that come with the lower end truck models, in my case they said it was cheaper for them to order after market Westin bars then to order the Ford part. Didn't matter to me.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey, so no sooner do I tell you I wont see my boards until thurs/friday then they show up. Some pics of them unmounted-

As you can see, very similar in design to the aftermarket ones you are looking at. Plus, from looking at the website for the aftermarket ones, it looks like the OEM's are about $50 cheaper(I paid $303.57 for mine). And you should be able to get them cheaper than that even, as I said the shipping to alaska probably inflated my cost some. I posted a pic of the part # right on the box for you. Hope you can find what you want, good luck!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
Hey, so no sooner do I tell you I wont see my boards until thurs/friday then they show up. Some pics of them unmounted-

As you can see, very similar in design to the aftermarket ones you are looking at. Plus, from looking at the website for the aftermarket ones, it looks like the OEM's are about $50 cheaper(I paid $303.57 for mine). And you should be able to get them cheaper than that even, as I said the shipping to alaska probably inflated my cost some. I posted a pic of the part # right on the box for you. Hope you can find what you want, good luck!
Those look great, those are exactly what I am looking for!! Thanks for the informative post with the great pictures!! Post some pics if you don't mind of them mounted!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I'll try to get some up for you as quick as possible, but work has been busy as of late and I honestly don't know when I will have a chance to get to it. Love the work because it makes me some money for accessories, but leaves me with no time to install them. If i have time to install them, I don't have as much money for them. And the vicious circle continues.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Running Boards?