2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 Ecoboost Platinum - Analyze This Deal...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ecoboost Platinum - Analyze This Deal...

Ok guys here it is. I was going to order a truck, but the dealer had one in that was about 90% of what I would have ordered and I don't have to wait on it. Only problem is it has a few things on it I don't really care for and would rather not pay for. Here are the specs:

Here is the deal as it stands:

Dealer sticker:
$53,961
X-Plan:
$48,122 (They've taken off the cost of those dealer addons)
Rebates:
$2,500
Net Price:
$45,622
I feel they are about where they need to be on my trade as well, so with x-plan and the fact I was able to get them to take off the price of the dealer addons, I'm looking at a $54,000 truck for $45,622.

The things the truck has on it that I wouldn't have on it if I were to order it are:
  • Max Tow (not crazy about the big mirrors, but they were nice on the drive home)
  • Tailgate Step
  • 3.73 LS (I would have ordered 3.55)

Looking at the invoice, I figure these two things are adding about $800 to the price that I wouldn't have if I ordered it. However, this bird is in the hand rather than in the bush.

As an FYI, I have the truck tonight for demo and reset the mileage before I left the dealer. It is about a 15 mile drive from the dealer to my house with about 70% city and 30% highway driving. Here is what the computer said when I got home:

And a couple of other pics for giggles:

Ok guys, let me know what you think as I sleep on it overnight and make my mind up tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I forgot to mention, I haven't received the $750 coupon from the brochure and I missed the $500 coupon for the EB testdrive as well. I feel like there is $1,250 left on the table here, but not a lot I can do about it.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
The tailgate step is worth 800 alone, you will use it A LOT more than you think you will!!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's about the best deal you will be able to find on one right now. If you order one it will take a good 6-8 weeks for it to get here. If I didn't already have a truck on order I would consider jumping on one that was pretty close to what I wanted. I wanted the max tow option but not those mirrors. However, you can take them off pretty easy and sell them on here and make a few $$$.

I'm pretty sure I know the dealership you went to. How are they treating you?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Thumbs up

Nice color and very nicely equiped. I like the 3.73 in case you would like larger tires in the future or want to tow, and the step is very handy. Seems like a fair deal, try to get your coupon and go for it.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah, the drop in bedliner is not something I want in the truck either, but since they've backed out of making me pay for it, I guess it will do until I decide I want to spray it.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Get close to 20% off sticker as you can which would be about $43k. Go for the $1250 in coupons. When you bring it back tomorrow say you are not sure you want it. Get the extended warranty online (if you want one) http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ or show them the price you can get and see if they will match.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Wookie, do you know if I were able to sell my mirrors and come across a set of the "standard" mirrors, would they be powerfold or would it have to come from the factory for that? That is definitely something I wish the big mirrors had as right now I'm having to pull the driver side in to get it into the garage.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Id try to negotiate for the coupon discounts as well. If you could get another grand off then go for it. I'd bet you will learn to like the "extra" options once you drive the truck more.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:46 PM
You can get the regular manual fold mirrors or the power fold ones. They are two different mirrors. Swapping the mirrors out should be pretty easy, they just bolt on. There has been some debate on hooking up the power folds. I know a few guys have done it on the other trucks (XLT FX4) that do not have them as an option and had to add a few relays and a different switch. Does that truck have the switch for the folding mirrors? I would guess that as the folding mirrors are standard on the Platinum a good bit of the hardware is already there. I'm not sure of this but would imagine it would be this way because it is easier on the assembly line.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
The big mirrors are power adjusting with the ****, but I don't know if there is anything else stripped out that the normal power fold would need.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
On my 05 the mirrors fold in by pushing the **** back. I don't know if the 11s are that way too. I have seen were people on here have made the change. Their guides should give you some information to get started. From what I remember there were a few relays that had to be added and possibly some small wire bundles.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:48 AM
2500 in rebates? I thought I read the rebates are for F150's EXCEPT Raptors and EBs. Anyone know?

Old 02-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Nice Truck!

I did not like the large mirrors either, but after purchasing a truck with them and towing a trailer i now really like them for towing. I wish they were manual fold as well though.

As for the 3.73 gearing, if you do any towing i prefer the 3.73's. As for gas mileage, i don't think there will be any significant diference btwn the two.

don't know what you use your truck for but if i was bargaining again i would try to get them to throw in the Ford folding tonneau cover. The Ford version is supposed to have upgraded rubber etc and runs approx 1000 depending on your bed size. Not only will it keep your bed contents dry but will probably offset the gas mileage difference of the 3.73 gearing.

One more small thing i would consider is mud flaps. The front tires on my truck throw everything up on the running boards which you end up stepping in and dragging into the cab. For some reason Ford did not include the flaps so you will need to add them yourself.

Good Luck,
Dave

Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does the Tread act sticker say for payload? The Max tow package increases GVWR by 475 pounds of GVWR on the 4x4 Supercrew, or a net of at least 400 pounds more payload than without. That's worth $375 because you cannot otherwise get increase payload.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ecoboost Platinum - Analyze This Deal...