2009 - 2014 F-150

Capless fuel fill neck

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpetre
What about stealing gas? We have a gas theif in the neighborhood.
why,,do you think a screw cap is gonna deter him from stealing your gas??????

Old 02-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by gasbrnr
Why is it better then a screw style?
One reason would be that the plastic tethers on the screw-on caps have a tendency to break and there is no convenient place to hold the loose cap while you fill up. And, the only way you can buy a new one is attached to a new fuel cap. Like having to buy a new wheel when your valve stem leaks.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by philly164
why,,do you think a screw cap is gonna deter him from stealing your gas??????
No but for my 04 I bought a locking gas cap.

I have threatened the guy a couple of times but I need a camera to proof it, my Roush I filled up with gas last Friday, didn't drive it all weekend, got in it and 1/2 a tank of gas. Called the police and they wrote a report, the reason I know who it is because he is filling up his cars all the time with a can. He has about 8 5 gallon cans in his garage. So I am getting the neighborhood together on this asap.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:33 PM

I have threatened the guy a couple of times but I need a camera to proof it, my Roush I filled up with gas last Friday, didn't drive it all weekend, got in it and 1/2 a tank of gas. Called the police and they wrote a report, the reason I know who it is because he is filling up his cars all the time with a can. He has about 8 5 gallon cans in his garage. So I am getting the neighborhood together on this asap.
I really hope you catch this jerk,,that would really **** me off,,good luck man!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 PM

Remove the gas from your tank and replace it with water or something like that.

And laugh at him when he **** his motor

Old 02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
I agree theft is gonna occur even with a locking plug, but I did it to keep debris out of the filler neck.

I've found sand, twigs, leaves and pebbles that made their way past the 'sealed' fuel door. I could see sand debris on the flapping door inside the filler neck. Poor design, and poor idea to begin with, I think.

And, to add dry gas, you gotta get out the little funnel (which stanks from use) which evenz makes it more likely some is gonna get spilt on the paint.

And, if you be addin dry gas, it meanz hits cold to begin with and messin with the little funnel takes even longer in the cold.

Last edited by High-ster; 02-18-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by High-ster
I agree theft is gonna occur even with a locking plug, but I did it to keep debris out of the filler neck.

I've found sand, twigs, leaves and pebbles that made their way past the 'sealed' fuel door. I could see sand debris on the flapping door inside the filler neck. Poor design, and poor idea to begin with, I think.

And, to add dry gas, you gotta get out the little funnel (which stanks from use) which evenz makes it more likely some is gonna get spilt on the paint.

And, if you be addin dry gas, it meanz hits cold to begin with and messin with the little funnel takes even longer in the cold.
So that's what the funnel is for, I've been pissin' in it into a plastic container!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 PM
^ exactly if hear lots of this when people have a locking gas cap.if they really want it there going to get it.i would rather replace a tank of fuel that a fuel tank. JMO.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:46 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
They are gonna punch the tank anyway - due to the anti-siphon insert in the neck.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by High-ster

I must be one of the lucky ones. Mine has stayed clean & dry. No problems

Last edited by beauff; 02-19-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by beauff
I must be one of the lucky ones. Mine has stayed clean & dry. No problems
Same here. 34,000 miles with no problems and i don't have to mess around with a gas cap.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GoingGoingGone
One reason would be that the plastic tethers on the screw-on caps have a tendency to break and there is no convenient place to hold the loose cap while you fill up.
so you cant put it on your bed rail while you fill up?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A locking gas cap is not just for theft but to protect your motor. Previously kids were dumping sugar in the gas tanks.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
So that's what the funnel is for, I've been pissin' in it into a plastic container!
You haven't been manufacturing 'trucker bombs', I hope.
Several states have outlawed them cause the road maintenance workers get pi$$ed when they hit one with a brush hog.

Sometimes they explode on their own from fermentation pressure........quite the mess I suppose.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

MGD

Quick Reply: Capless fuel fill neck