F150 Gurus come here

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Gurus come here

Hi, first, hello from canada,

Fed up with my broken GM, i just bought an F150 2011 XLT 5.0 4x4
This my first F150

And then the modding start, my first buy will be a tonneau cover (snow can be annoying here). I found the combo BackFlip G2 & Tool box just perfect for me... but..
There is two model. One with Cargo Managment, and one without, looked at the sale papers (long story short, i bought the one at the dealer shop, so i didn't choose my options), no information on that. I checked on the net some picture of F150 with CM. and i was thinking that i didn't have it, until i try to configure an F150 on ford website saying that the CM include 4 hook, and i have them. But my bed doesn't looks like the other i found in my search of F150 with CM.

Can someone light me up ? Thx :

Yeah... snow.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Welcome nice truck. nice to see you saw the light your going to LOVE Ford.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome over to the Ford camp! Just bought my 5th one last week.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:00 PM
once you go oval you dont go back! nice truck but black will be a mother to keep clean! as for the bed questions you asked i am sorry i dont know but tons of people here will know and answer!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:09 PM
The cargo management system has 2 dual-channel side rails and 4 adjustable cleats. The cleats lock in place along the top or bottom rail channels. From looking at your pictures, it appears that you do not have the cargo management system. Also, if you had the cargo management system, it would be listed in the options on your window sticker.

Nice truck and welcome to the forum. Sno sux.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hemigod
The cargo management system has 2 dual-channel side rails and 4 adjustable cleats. The cleats lock in place along the top or bottom rail channels. From looking at your pictures, it appears that you do not have the cargo management system. Also, if you had the cargo management system, it would be listed in the options on your window sticker.

Yup, and I'm not sure if the cargo management will work with the tonneau cover. Mine clamps to the top rail channel and hangs over a little bit. The two might interfere.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
once you go oval you dont go back! nice truck but black will be a mother to keep clean! as for the bed questions you asked i am sorry i dont know but tons of people here will know and answer!
Is not my first ford, as my other car is a 2005 Mustang GT, my GM was an error. ;p

Yeah black is a pain, but it's also a nice looking color. I didn't really choose the color because i had to change my car NOW, so bought the one available.

Thx.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by hemigod

Thx. The Backflip offer install for both system.

Now i have to find a shop that want to ship my cover to Canada as i can't find it there.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Enitalp
Thx. The Backflip offer install for both system.

Now i have to find a shop that want to ship my cover to Canada as i can't find it there.
where are you there are dealers here in Can. i have found two places where i live and one is a bakflip dealer.go to there web site and there is a canadian dealer list.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By looking at your pictures, you do not have the Cargo Management System. I have it on mine and I have a tonneau cover. Can't remember the name, but it is a "low profile." I'll get downstairs later and look at the name and come back and post.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Welcome and congratulations. Nice truck.

Quick Reply: F150 Gurus come here