2009 - 2014 F-150

EB Observation

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For 2011 there is no snow plow prep package and if the 2011 had the snowplow prep the snowplow blade would block airflow on the EcoBoost which is now used for the heavy duty payload package. Even look back to 2007 where the owner's guide also states the plow is not be used because it blocks airflow. Ford doesn't want you using a plow on either truck because of the airflow. If you say you won't buy because of how the license plate looks, that seems like you are being overly critical and not serious.

From the 2007 owner guide:
SNOWPLOWING
For F–150 snowplow applications, Ford recommends the F–150 4x4
Regular Cab and SuperCab equipped with the 5.4L engine, Heavy Duty
Payload Package and Snow Plow Prep Package. The Heavy Duty Payload
Package for 4x4 includes unique powertrain control strategy, required for
engine cooling when the raised snowplow blade blocks radiator airflow in
highway driving. F–150 SuperCrew and Harley-Davidson F–150 are not
recommended for snowplowing
and the Snow Plow Prep Package is not
available.

From the 2011 owner guide:
Using your vehicle with a snowplow
Do not use this vehicle for snowplowing.
Your vehicle is not equipped with a snowplowing package.

So either way, on your '07 SuperCrew or on any '11, a plow is not to be used and you can kiss your warranty goodbye if there is a problem and they find out about a snowplow.

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 02-20-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:43 AM
haha

Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Too heavy.

If the 6.2 with its cast iron block was too heavy for the EPS, imagine a plow...
I think the EPS not being used in the 6.2 is more to do with cost than weight. Ford has been pretty clear the 6.2 will not be used in many trucks so knowing how they are trying to save money I doubt they would sink much money into designing a new setup for this one limited motor. So far the SD is the only other place where the 6.2 is used. I suspect they kept the steering rack and parts from the 2010 models and the same engine mounting parts as the SD. This would allow them to install the system without designing new parts or stocking spare parts are dealerships.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
If you relocate the front plate on a EB to the middle, you will void your warranty.

You guys that hate the offset plate are worse than a bunch of vain women.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
I think the EPS not being used in the 6.2 is more to do with cost than weight. Ford has been pretty clear the 6.2 will not be used in many trucks so knowing how they are trying to save money I doubt they would sink much money into designing a new setup for this one limited motor. So far the SD is the only other place where the 6.2 is used. I suspect they kept the steering rack and parts from the 2010 models and the same engine mounting parts as the SD. This would allow them to install the system without designing new parts or stocking spare parts are dealerships.
Hey thats what Mike @ put.com told me.

Given how the 6.2L is a bit if a fuel hog, I think they would have gladly spent the $$$ to improve it in any way even if the 6.2L is around for ? 3 years.

Quick Reply: EB Observation