2009 - 2014 F-150

Which Color for my next truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Color for my next truck

hey guys...

Looks like i'm going to be ordering an ecoboost before long....
Cant decide if i should go with

flame red or white

The truck will be blacked out either way...black wheels, etc

Whatcha think?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Narrowed it down to red or white only? Me personally, out of the two choices, I think I'd go white. My first F150 (97') was red. It looked great and really stood out. I'm sure you know that being as you have a red truck currently. But white looks good too when all cleaned up. And since you're going with a black out theme? I'd still say white. Something about a red truck with black wheels, I dunno, not for me.

Congrats on your soon to be new purchase.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Which one are you leaning towards? This is a decision best left to whatever YOU really want, especially with a nearly 50k truck on the line

I prefer red myself but both look great. With a blackout modification plan I'd go the white route, I haven't ever really been a huge fan of the red/blackout combo on trucks. Only in a few instances have I really liked the red/blackout combo; I can't nail down what it is about the combo, but it has never really set right with me

Old 02-23-2011, 06:16 PM
What about black? I vote black but thats my opinion. Of the color choices you provide I'd have to go with the white.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM
any color but white!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome
any color but white!
I'd have to agree completely but with the choices he provided I had no choice knowing his plans :o

Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM

I usually hate white....but the white/black combo looks great

Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
I'd have to agree completely but with the choices he provided I had no choice knowing his plans :o
I just think the white/black combo is over done. red/black looks good if done right. someone needs to do a black/redout or black/whiteout.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 PM
White

Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 PM

I just think the white/black combo is over done. red/black looks good if done right. someone needs to do a black/redout or black/whiteout.
I can't argue with the 'overdone' statement. Seems like many trucks now a days take to the star wars theme and are blacked out like darth vadar or are themed after a storm trooper.

I have seen trucks with the latter two combos and other variations... your eyes are being saved having not seen them! Most of those trucks had 24" rockstars painted to match... what an eyesore.

Leave the odd color combos to the 'donk' area of car customizing, chances are they will make it happen sooner or later..

Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM
I can't argue with the 'overdone' statement. Seems like many trucks now a days take to the star wars theme and are blacked out like darth vadar or are themed after a storm trooper.

I have seen trucks with the latter two combos and other variations... your eyes are being saved having not seen them! Most of those trucks had 24" rockstars painted to match... what an eyesore.

Leave the odd color combos to the 'donk' area of car customizing, chances are they will make it happen sooner or later..
those are 40in. rims on that car. ha i can't imagine a rim almost the size of my tires.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:39 PM

that's ridonkulous! and i agree i have seen some to and had to shake my head.the biggest prob is guys think they can just paint a bunch of parts and slap them on with no thought of flow and layout. this my first attempt and take on the black/red.Not a truck so it really doesn't count.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 PM

that's ridonkulous! and i agree i have seen some to and had to shake my head.the biggest prob is guys think they can just paint a bunch of parts and slap them on with no thought of flow and layout. this my first attempt and take on the black/red.Not a truck so it really doesn't count.
Man, this thread derailed quickly...

Now your getting into a whole other relm! Bikes are somewhat of an exception. I ran red tires on black rims back when I was racing motocross. It had a mix of yellow, red and black plastics with Team ECC graphics (a pissed off bee was the logo), blue hoses, polished frame and spokes with black front forks and triple trees. A lot of red and black anodized parts too.. I thought it was the greatest thing in the world, and still is I guess just never ride it anymore.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 PM
^ haha ya sorry about that Devin4x4 i say RED!!

Quick Reply: Which Color for my next truck