2009 - 2014 F-150

Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow mirrors

Howdy

so I know this is possible but what is the part number for adding tow mirrors. I currently have the most basic mirrors on my 2010 fx4. They don't have the blinkers or heat. no lights at all in them. I would like the big tow mirrors like those other f150s have. I would like my little control thing in the cab still be able to adjust them. Is that possible? is it also possible to add the heat and maybe blinker? but mainly the heat. What would be the part number and how much? or if their's an aftermarket one available for less?

Thanks guys

Old 02-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Must be diffucult or just a dumb question?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 AM
If you visit the Tasca Ford Parts website and search through their F150 catalog, you'll find the part numbers for the Tow Mirrors.

I am not sure if the connections for heat and signal will be in your truck if it did not originally come with them, I am almost positive others have had this issue.

The mirrors themselves will definitely bolt right up and you should still be able to retain your power adjustable stick thing from within the cab.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Go to Tesca, I just upgraded my mirrors. Big difference when you tow a big Travel Trailer like I do.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Call Joshua Laliberte @ tascaparts.com and he will be more than happy to help you out. I searched all over the place for the best price and he hooked a brother up.. You can either email him jlaliberte@tasca.com or call him @ 800-915-3141.

It's a pretty simple change. If you have a 2010 then there are 4 bolts that need to be removed and the whole panel will come off and then its a matter of unbolting the old mirror and replacing with your new one. There is two bolts on the bottom of the door panel, one hidden under a small plastic cap where the grab handle is and the final one is hidden behind another black plastic cap where the door opener is (I used the tip of my pocket knife to access). As far as the heat and all of that, I'm not sure.

As far as the fit and finish is concerned, they are freakin awesome even if you don't tow or haul they make a big difference.. I hope this was helpful..

Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by dejong1
Howdy

so I know this is possible but what is the part number for adding tow mirrors. I currently have the most basic mirrors on my 2010 fx4. They don't have the blinkers or heat. no lights at all in them. I would like the big tow mirrors like those other f150s have. I would like my little control thing in the cab still be able to adjust them. Is that possible? is it also possible to add the heat and maybe blinker? but mainly the heat. What would be the part number and how much? or if their's an aftermarket one available for less?

Thanks guys
Tow mirrors can be installed without rewiring, if you allready have remote control mirrors installed. You will also need to install new Climate Control panel with Heated mirror control switch, puddle lamps and trun signals should work wiht no problems.

Part numbers are as follows:
7L3Z-17682-AE R/H passenger side power/heated/signal mirror with puddle lamp
7L3Z-17683-AE L/H driver side power/heated/signal mirror with puddle lamp

Quick Reply: Tow mirrors