2009 - 2014 F-150

Clunk from rear end when turning uphill

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clunk from rear end when turning uphill

Yet another problem with this truck. Truck is 2009 lariat 4x4 supercrew and when I turn right into my driveway which is a little uphill, I get a creaking sound followed by a clunk. I have tried to reproduce the sound with the truck still and cannot. The only time it does it is at low speeds, turning right, and usually when I hit a bump. I thought it was loose springs but I have checked those and they are good. Checked everything I know to and it seems good. Any ideas? I am only at 25k miles and this would be the 4th time at the dealer for different repairs. Starting to think the competition might have to get my next purchase.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Never mind guys. I think I may have found a possible solution by getting back far enough in old posts. There apparently is a TSB out on this popping/creaking noise from the rear end due to dirt in the leaf springs. I am not sure if this is the issue but I am going to take the truck in next week to have them perform the tsb. Hopefully that will be it

Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
I had a really bad clunk for awhile on my 2010. I didn't think anything of it until it began to clunk no matter which way I turned. I took it to the dealer and one of my right rear leaf springs was apparently cracked.

Quick Reply: Clunk from rear end when turning uphill