It's a service contract.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AreL11
It's a service contract.
Thank You!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I bought one through my dealer in 05 that is about to run out in June. Thing is, the not so fine print says, if I dont use it then I can get my money back by going through some hoops. Have to get the dealer to sign something and validate the mileage within 30 days of the warranty expiring. Unfortunately, I dont live in Atlanta (where I purchased the truck) anymore so this could be interesting.

I wouldnt mind the $1200 back though...

Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Service contracts are essentially insurance policies.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Not sure how much you all are spending, but I just closed on my XLT Monday, and I doubled the factory warranty out to 6 years bumper to bumper for 20 bucks more a month. That comes out to under 800 bucks including interest over the next three years, and what sealed the deal for me is any ASE Certified mechanic (which includes the shop I've been going to since '98) can do warranty work, and I don't have to screw with the local dealership service center, which employs the stupidest people I've ever met. I had to haggle a bit to get that price down, but I couldn't find a better deal with any 3rd party group. Negotiating on the last day of the month never gets old

Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Let's see - 20 bucks times 72 months is $1440. That's not that great a deal.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by JohnnyCashAK
Not sure how much you all are spending, but I just closed on my XLT Monday, and I doubled the factory warranty out to 6 years bumper to bumper for 20 bucks more a month. That comes out to under 800 bucks including interest over the next three years, and what sealed the deal for me is any ASE Certified mechanic (which includes the shop I've been going to since '98) can do warranty work, and I don't have to screw with the local dealership service center, which employs the stupidest people I've ever met. I had to haggle a bit to get that price down, but I couldn't find a better deal with any 3rd party group. Negotiating on the last day of the month never gets old
Nice job! thats a great deal! I have had mine for almost 3 years and its payed for its self 3 times over, and I have 14 months to go, you will be happy with the peice of mind alone!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Gir
Originally Posted by DanBBP
if insurance companies repaired your vehicle with out an accident involved we wouldnt need warranties now would we!

call your insurance company to see if they will pay to have your ball joints replaced or better yet see if they will repair your blown trans and let us know!
if they do! I would like to know the name of them as I will drop mine and go to yours!

They make money on the people that dont use their service after paying for it or sell the car prematurely or dont remember they have it!!

and My 05 doesn't have 100K powertrain warranty from ford! you should know what you have I would hope!
I should have included the word "like" to make the metaphor more apparent. I'm writing this on my phone so I'm a bit terse.

Extended warranties are 'like' insurance companies. You're paying them money in case someting happens. If not, unless specified otherwise, you will never get that money back...or maybe you will if your truck encounters problems.

I'd rather do the other technique of setting money aside through simple financial management so when you 'never spend it, sell your car, or forget about it'....you still have your money, or use it to fix the truck.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/

this company beats ANY PREVIOUS mentioned retailer.

while the others are definately cheaper that the official FORD site.

beats them all (by at least $150-200).

check them out!!

Quick Reply: Best extended warranty retailer