2009 - 2014 F-150

Best extended warranty retailer

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best extended warranty retailer

Hi guys and gals,

I know this has been beat to death, but I'm torn whether or not I want to trade the truck or keep it for a while longer. If I decide to keep it, I'd like to get the best extended warranty. When I had my 06 KR, I bought the warranty from a dealer in Mass (Troy something) and the price was great.

Anyone know where the best place is to get the warranty?

I'd like the top-of-the-line just for piece of mind, but let me know what you all think.

TIA!!!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Is you current vehicle still under the factory warranty? If so check out http://www.fordwarrantys.com/

I would not mess with any other 3rd party warranty. Most are scams.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I have to agree 100% with zski128. Get the best quote, and put that money in stocks. If/when something happens, pull your money out and pay for it.

IowaAndy

Old 02-26-2011, 02:15 PM
check out www.floodfordesp.com. When I was looking, they beat everyone else I could find by a significant amount.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by morgan1965
check out www.floodfordesp.com. When I was looking, they beat everyone else I could find by a significant amount.
Check with your local Ford dealer, in some states, including mine, you can only buy ESP's through dealerships IN state, and they all have the exact same price, you cannot buy one from out of state. This is due to state insurance regulations, since in some states, warranties are considered a type of insurance and regulated as such... you buy one from online you have a worthless piece of paper potentially. As indicated, dont mess with a 3rd party one.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by morgan1965
Heck yeah, they did! Thanks for the link.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I would not mess with any other 3rd party warranty. Most are scams.
I thought the same way until I bought an aftermarket warranty! Ive had my truck since it had 26K on it and every time I took my truck in for warranty work it seemed that they always had an excuse on why it wouldnt be covered on factory warranty (lift, programmer, exhaust ect!)

My aftermarket warranty kicked in at 36K and every time I take it in for repairs the service writer suddenly has no more excuses and he now wants to fix everything because now they dont have to explain to Ford why they made the claim, he just submits it and they pay!

My truck is an 05 and now has 69K and it is in for some warranty work right now as I type! I only have a $50 deductable
I love my warranty company much better than the factory Ford one!

I dont remember how much it cost but I bought my truck in 07 and bought a 5 year 100K extended warranty, Im thinking it was around $1200 or so! I think its cheeper if you buy it when you buy the truck!

The name is Warranty One!
Hope this helps!

Last edited by DanBBP; 02-26-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by DanBBP
I thought the same way until I bought an aftermarket warranty! Ive had my truck since it had 26K on it and every time I took my truck in for warranty work it seemed that they always had an excuse on why it wouldnt be covered on factory warranty (lift, programmer, exhaust ect!)

My aftermarket warranty kicked in at 36K and every time I take it in for repairs the service writer suddenly has no more excuses and he now wants to fix everything because now they dont have to explain to Ford why they made the claim, he just submits it and they pay!

My truck is an 05 and now has 69K and it is in for some warranty work right now as I type! I only have a $50 deductable
I love my warranty company much better than the factory Ford one!

I dont remember how much it cost but I bought my truck in 07 and bought a 5 year 100K extended warranty, Im thinking it was around $1200 or so! I think its cheeper if you buy it when you buy the truck!

Hope this helps!
Appreciate the information.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok, so I picked my truck from the dealer today from having aftermarket warranty work done, and here's the story!
The inital problem could not be duplicated by myself or the technician so they didnt do any work for that problem but the good news was, they replaced the pinion seal, the drivers window switch, the CV Boot, and both of the lower ball joints! the best part of all of this is that I didnt Know the ball joints had any problems, they asked me if I wanted them to be replaced and I said yes if warranty covers it, it was all payed for by the Warranty Company No Questions asked! Total would have been $952.62 if I had no warranty!
like I said earlier I had to only pay the $50 co-pay
these small problems that I had fixed in one trip to the dealer almost payed for the total premium, and they were very easy to work with, I never even talked to my warranty company, the dealer did all the paper work!

hope this helps!

Old 03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Gir
These guys are just insurance companies...they wouldn't be doing this unless they were making money.

Besides, don't we have a 100k powertrain warranty or something like that?

Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gir
These guys are just insurance companies...they wouldn't be doing this unless they were making money.

Besides, don't we have a 100k powertrain warranty or something like that?
if insurance companies repaired your vehicle with out an accident involved we wouldnt need warranties now would we!

call your insurance company to see if they will pay to have your ball joints replaced or better yet see if they will repair your blown trans and let us know!
if they do! I would like to know the name of them as I will drop mine and go to yours!

They make money on the people that dont use their service after paying for it or sell the car prematurely or dont remember they have it!!

and My 05 doesn't have 100K powertrain warranty from ford! you should know what you have I would hope!

Last edited by DanBBP; 03-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by DanBBP
Can you maybe google it and provide a link? I did a quick search myself and several came up. Some look shadier than others. Let us know which one you are using. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry Guys, I was going off of memory and I was wrong! I went out to my truck and got the paper and its VEHICLE ONE, Sorry about that!
The contract says; The Administrator of this contract is Universal Warranty Corporation, P.O. Box 542050, Omaha, NE 68154, 1-866-215-7080,

Also They offer 4 levels of coverage, Basic, Major, Select, and Premium (includes seals & gaskets and High Tech Optional Coverages)

I have the Premium 60 Month, 100,000 Mile, and it cost $1795 also including $50 deductable and Wear&tear,

I googled it and found it, I also found links to some bad experiences, but when I read one story It sounded like the guy complaining bought the basic coverage and expected the Premium service, I'm sure they are far from perfect but I have had very good luck with them!

I also have a Extended warranty on my wifes Mazda 3 and it has also been a good one, I'll have to get that info when she gets home!

I'm not not endorsing any company, just telling my ecperience, do your own research to find a company that works best for you!
hope this helps!

Last edited by DanBBP; 03-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Dan, it's still technically an insurance policy, not a warranty.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Dan, it's still technically an insurance policy, not a warranty.
Maybe Im missing something! Please explain!

Quick Reply: Best extended warranty retailer