2009 - 2014 F-150

Need Some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some help

Ok guys I need some help.
Right now i have an 05 f150 54,000 miles. It is a great truck, black with cloth interior, supercab 4x4. Exhaust, programmer, running boards, leveling kit, its customized how i like it. Its in good shape cpl dings and scracthes here and there and there is a little paint peeling by fuel door.

I am in need of a change. I really want a f250 SD powerstroke, but dont need one for a DD and i dont tow much to use a Diesel and spend 40K.

Being 22, engaged, and soon to buy a home i think another f150 will work the budget better.

Now pros and cons to an 09 or 10, I want 4 door, and i would like it loaded.

Are the new 5.4s better than the one in my truck as far as plugs go?
Also are there any problems with the new body style.

Like loud cab noise, rust issues, rough ride, or any other common issues to expect.

Thoughts, concerns?

Also maybe some pics of your guys favorite 09-10s

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
The plug issue was fixed in mid-08. The 6 speed tranny seems to have some issues. Don't be afraid of the 4.6 3 valve if you aren't going to be doing much towing - it's a really nice engine and gets better gas mileage than the 5.4.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Is your '05 paid for? And change for the sake change...... not wise especially if you are about to be married and buy a house. If you like your truck keep it for a while, get yourself established then look to buy new in the coming years. My .02

09-10 Not much different than my 04, 6 spd tranny is nice, engine seems peppier, interior is a bit nicer, other than that... same truck. 11's are going to be the same except new powertrains. Diesel = waste of money unless you have a need for it. Again my .02.

Good luck with the house, thats far more important than a truck!
Good luck with the future wife, thats far more important than the house!

Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks alot for responses. I appreciate it as well as the kind words. My thoughts were that I like to have a nice vehicle that is in really good shape, there are a cpl things that are needing fixed on my truck now that I dont want to pay to have fixed but yet the normal person wouldnt notice the blemishes.
The plugs havent been changed in mine with 54,000, not a big deal again but is in the back of my mind, and i know it would be cheaper than buying a different truck.

Another thing I am thinking is that Right now I dont have any "payments" other than insurance, phone, and gas for truck, I feel now would be the time to trade my truck in spend a little on a newer one, and have it paid off next year before I get into a house payment with my future wife.
I think that if I can get a nice low miles 09 or 10 for 30k that is four door i will have it for our "family" when we start having kids, right now the supercab just wont cut it.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
It sounds like you are planning on paying off the new truck in a year. If I were you I would save the money over the course of the next year and then pay cash for the truck. Think of all the money you would save in interest.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 PM
I have a 2010 FX4 Screw with 5.4 and have had no issues. Then again it only has 4k on it. I love the six speed tranny and the engine is real peppy.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by 95stang5.0
Another thing I am thinking is that Right now I dont have any "payments" other than insurance, phone, and gas for truck, I feel now would be the time to trade my truck in spend a little on a newer one, and have it paid off next year before I get into a house payment with my future wife.
I think that if I can get a nice low miles 09 or 10 for 30k that is four door i will have it for our "family" when we start having kids, right now the supercab just wont cut it.
I would just wait until you have the need. Incentives on these trucks are never going to go away, and as long as you wait and save money you will be farther ahead in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE new vehicles, at our age (I'm 24) save your money. And if you are thinking kids you will need a crew eventually (keep in mind they need a few years until they are big). Get the house first. BUILDING EQUITY IS KEY. At 22 you have a lot of ground to cover. Trust me on the house thing... I stole a house last year because of the crappy economy.

If you do get a new truck, POST PICS!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Ok, I called on a 2009 f150 Lariat yesterday, it was black on black loaded with everything but they sold it that morning, go figure, He said but we also have a 2008 ford f250 lariat with 33,000 miles on it loaded diesel, it was an older couples that put carpet in the bed part and never haulded anything with it for 36. So I might go and see what they would do best for me with trade in, its only 10 miles away from my house.

Also did I mention my Fiance is going to be a cpa so i hope she can get a decent paying job as well.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Good work on the CPA, my girl is working on her DPT (Doctorate of Physical Therapy). Looked at rings yesterday...... talk about crazy. I'd only go diesel if I got an insane deal on it. 6.4L?

Nice Stang btw, what are the numbers?

Old 02-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Yea im proud of her
Looking at rings is fun, but yet crazy is a good word lol, i debated on rings for a while on what to go with for size and price, but I ended up making the right decision and got a nice 1ct princess cut and diamond band it was abour 7,000 but its beautiful and I feel my girl needs nice things like I do, I dont cheap my self on trucks, or cars so I felt it was only right to continue that on with her, its a great feeling to be engaged, congrats to you in the near future it sounds like.

The mustang has Heads cam intake swap as well as injectors, maf, exhaust, and all the other stuff that goes along with it. I also swaped the automatic tranny out and put in a 5 speed.

I ran it one time with no suspenson work done and stock tires and ran a 14.01 best time and that was missing 3rd sad i know but new to the manual at the time.
Since i have done upper and lower control arms different springs and will use slicks next time so i am hoping low 12s maybe. Its just a fun weekend cruzer.

Yea the 2008 is the 6.4l ill talk to the dealer and see what theyll do for me.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Are you sure you want the higher diesel maintenance and fuel costs? You don't need a diesel unless you tow heavy and work the thing hard.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
I know it but I am a gear head and want to program it and do that fun stuff, becuase i have never had one dumb reason i know but if the price is right and i can afford it i will other wise i am just going to find a nice loaded f150 and go that route.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah diesel to me is sweet, but the maintenance and operating costs are too much for a want. Sounds like the Mustang is fun!! I have some small remodeling projects at the house, and once they are done, I am getting my toy. 2004 Spiral Grey Metallic C5 Targa Top. It is really nuts how cheap you can pick up a Vette these days. Let us know how the diesel talk pans out!