2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 tail lights

I have a 2009 f150 lariot. Couple of months ago I got stuck on a ice hill and tow company hit my truck so it has been sitting at the Ford dealership my insurance is still fighting the issue. So I went ahead and brought my truck home. Well I had them diagnose what was wrong with my rear cam, found out that somehow a wire broke. Well my wife followed me home and noticed I had no rear lights. No Back-up, Brake, Marker, Signal, & Tail Lights. I checked all fuses, seems they are all good. Put a multi meter on the rear sockets, no volts. So I followed the line down the frame, no signs of damage. I followed the line all the way to the engine bay, all I could find was 3 wires on the other connector that are sealed off and 1 wire running from the relay box sealed off.

I have been searching online but I find not much. Based on most people say they have lights no signal lights and others then saying its the MFS. But my headlights work fine and blinkers, my puddle light works fine, but no Back-up, Brake, Marker, Signal, & Tail Lights. I turn the blinkers on they blink fast, I turn hazards on they blink regular but still nothing in the rear.

I called the dealership and asked if they did anything to my call they claim no only the diagnostic for the rear camera.

Also out of no where my check engine light came on and it was the environmental vent circut code.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
sorry nevermind, the stealership didnt have the wires plugged in all the way. plus after I checked all the plugs, my rear camera works now. Guess I need to find a new mechanic.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 AM
oh wow, i hear more and more stories about how dealerships do work, it is kind of scary...

Quick Reply: 2009 tail lights