2009 - 2014 F-150

Ecoboost + Bull Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecoboost + Bull Bar

This might hamper airflow to the intercooler... However it will keep debris away from it like many of you are wanting!

It will be interesting to see if this causes any issues (I am doubtful at the moment) but I don't think this person is a member of any forums that I have seen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PoglO-gsHg

Last edited by FX4life; 03-15-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Yea, interesting to see what sort of response he gets from the bull bar. Nice truck but...

Man, I think those LED tailgate bars are so lame. I know, it's personal opinion, but they look terrible mostly because the LED lights are all facing different directions, so they all look they are emitting light at an independent level. Does anyone make a bar that at least cares about uniform LED bulb direction?? Seriously. Not that hard.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 AM
If you look at the Ecoboost trucks that ran in the Baja, they had skid plates that had covered more and had less vent holes than this bull bar. From what I understand, the only time it will hurt is in extreme heat when needing full power for extnded periods. I think this bull bar will provide plenty of air most of the time. Also note this is a Northern truck so heat will be less of a factor. I think it looks great!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
those PIAA horns sound awful

Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Baja. Heat?
I think that's covered.
Covered over cooler entrance with fuel mileage robbing bar to hang fuel mileage robbing lights on that you don't need?
Priceless!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Alright, thanks for your opinions one and all. I am the guy who posted the video above. I don't think the bull bar restricting air flow will hurt this truck as most of the time it drives in temperatures around freezing or less, it doesn't haul anything heavier than my butt and it doesn't have to tow anything. If it does cause power loss problems I'll take it off and let you know. As for the horns, I agree, they sound more like a European sports car than the truck sound I wanted, but oh well, when you order stuff off Amazon it's hard to know exactly what you're getting. Maybe I'll change to a train horn sound next. As for the light bar, tomato tuhmato, I like it, it provides a little more light when backing up, it adds to the blinkers and brake lights, and maybe will keep me from getting rear ended in the next snowstorm. As for the extra lights up front, they are very beneficial for where I live and drive. I appreciate the wide and long path of light the PIAA ATP's provide for seeing moose on the sides of the road so I can hit the brakes before they come running out to meet me like they tend to want to do. I went conservative with just two lights, most of the trucks around here that drive the roads I do have 4, 6, 8 or more and they're usually those big Light Force types. Anyway, happy trails to you all and enjoy your rides!

Last edited by cyberdoc; 03-15-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 AM
I like the lights. They are different. I also like more light backing up, especially at night with tinted windows. As far as the horns, what were you going for? When I saw them I thought I'd hear a deep hoooooooooonk. That Euro sound as you call it made me laugh. Totally not what I was expecting. Just was curious what you were going for since I've never seen/heard a horn mod before (except back in the day with the old school low-riders and their crazy horns).

Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by cyberdoc
I don't think the bull bar restricting air flow will hurt this truck as most of the time it drives in temperatures around freezing or less, it doesn't haul anything heavier than my butt and it doesn't have to tow anything. If it does cause power loss problems I'll take it off and let you know. ...As for the extra lights up front, they are very beneficial for where I live and drive. I appreciate the wide and long path of light the PIAA ATP's provide for seeing moose on the sides of the road so I can hit the brakes before they come running out to meet me like the tend to want to do. I went conservative with just two lights, most of the trucks around here that drive the roads I do have 4, 6, 8 or more and they're usually those big Light Force types. Anyway, happy trails to you all and enjoy your rides!
I really like the front bumper I just ordered a F150 ecoboost King Ranch and I am going to be going for the same Westin bar and lights up front on my truck. I live in Whitehorse, Yukon and cold temperatures are plenty so i'm not that worried about not enough air I think there is enough slots in the bumper and it is far enough away to pull air into the cooler, plus with the gravel on the roads this will help with rock etc. getting thrown into the space. The lights will provide good lighting for being it being dark most of the time in the winter and not hit the giant moose and buffalo on the roads and cant forget the caribou.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost + Bull Bar