2009 - 2014 F-150

Ecoboost Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyCashAK
It doesn't bother me, to be honest. I'm going to be covering it up with a billet grille as soon as I find one I like, but that's just to keep large road debris out of there. A lot of the highways in Alaska were blasted right into the sides of mountains, so large rocks on the roadway are a constant issue. The last thing I need is a baseball sized bit of road rubble bouncing in and smashing my IC at highway speeds. I'll most likely leave the license plate where it is though, as the off-center look is fine, and unique as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think a cheesy billet grill will stop a baseball-sized rock from smashing through that opening and knocking a dent into the IC. You'll need something a little more sturdy if you're looking to deter large objects like that...

Old 03-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TX Chris
I don't think a cheesy billet grill will stop a baseball-sized rock from smashing through that opening and knocking a dent into the IC. You'll need something a little more sturdy if you're looking to deter large objects like that...
it probably wont stop it, but it sure as hell will slow it down.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Bumper