2009 - 2014 F-150

SCrew under seat storage options

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by molinoman
I got the DUHA and it may be tight (as far as your purposes are concerned) it was easy to install (and uninstall) and has plenty of room for a lot of stuff.

These are the two compartments under the 60 part of the 60/40 split, there is another one under the 40 part.

Dennis

106 dtg Dubai
107 dtg Home for good!
I ended up getting this and really like it. It was easy to put in 3 bolts and unplug the sub, then done. I wish it had a locking top to make a flat surface when the seats are up. O well unless I start making them myself can't find one perfect. It fits well and finish is great. I keep my emegency road side assistance in it, along with tie downs, flash lights, etc.. and it stay secure. Good luck with your choices.

Thanks for the info Dennis I am really enjoying it.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
No problem...happy to help...hope it continues to work well for you.

Dennis

21 dtg KAF
23 dtg Dubai
24 dtg Home for good!

Old 06-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I went with Husky. It Just straps in.

Link to my thread https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...t-storage.html

Last edited by Real Sniper; 06-04-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Kid,

My only complaint about these storage bins is they ruin the flat load floor concept. The flat load floor is an awesome feature I would love ot have. It looks like the bin will take up about half the floor space with the seats up. Not bad if you don't plan on using the floor with the seats up and just want to store items under the seat, but if you want to store larger items with the seat up it would take up cargo space. Did you order your 2011 yet or are you still deciding on what to do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9txtExrkQA

Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
With the Husky you just unsnap two snaps and pull it out.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
I'm not sure how some are putting the DUHA in but I only used the two straps that came with it, only takes a minute to put it in and a minute to remove it...other than emptying it out first.

Dennis

19 dtg KAF

21 dtg Dubai

22 dtg Home for good!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by lrhogfan
Like the big Ford emblem on the front of your truck?

Because I usually don't buy after market but when I do I don't want a large logo showing. I do remove dealer stickers on my new vehicle.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Anybody know of any under seat units that have drawers instead of an open top? I will have 2 child seats in the back of my truck and will not be able to flip the rear seats up for access to the bin.

A unit that secures under that has pull out drawers would work best for me. I did a search here and via Google and came up with nothing. I did read of a guy here who used Rubbermaid containers, but am trying to avoid that.

If no joy with this looks like i'll be looking for storage in the bed. Will be ordering a cap for it but would still like it to be somewhat weather proof. Storage would be for tools, tow hitch, and a few other items that aren't temp. sensitive, but I want secured.

Was looking at the wheel well storage units...well, back to the thread search!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by pgh_medic
Anybody know of any under seat units that have drawers instead of an open top? I will have 2 child seats in the back of my truck and will not be able to flip the rear seats up for access to the bin.

A unit that secures under that has pull out drawers would work best for me. I did a search here and via Google and came up with nothing. I did read of a guy here who used Rubbermaid containers, but am trying to avoid that.

If no joy with this looks like i'll be looking for storage in the bed. Will be ordering a cap for it but would still like it to be somewhat weather proof. Storage would be for tools, tow hitch, and a few other items that aren't temp. sensitive, but I want secured.

Was looking at the wheel well storage units...well, back to the thread search!
Sounds to me like your problem is that you have children. I am not sure, but I think that you can donate them at the Salvation Army......

Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by markinzeroland
I like the Du-Ha and while I don't like the price, I may bite anyway. I have an FX4 with that super big off road floor mat in the back. Is there a smaller version of the mat that doesn't go all the way under the seat? If I get the Du-Ha, I don't want to have to take it out to remove the mat.
I have the Du-Ha, and I ordered the Husky Weatherbeaters front and rear, and the rear comes right up to the edge of the Du-Ha and it fits like a glove. No problems.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 AM
I also chose the DD-HA.

Quick Reply: SCrew under seat storage options