2009 - 2014 F-150

Center stack faceplate replacement....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center stack faceplate replacement....

First off, let me start by saying I know there is a stereo section of the website, but it seems no one is ever viewing it and I wanted to get some input on this. I am looking into getting an aftermarket headunit for my 2011 FX4. Ideally, I would like to do an auto-hvac conversion, then use the OEM Nav faceplate with a double din stereo installed. However, from everything I have read, it is an absolute nightmare trying to do the HVAC conversion and no one has been able to see it through to the end. So, I think now I am looking at getting one of the aftermarket center-stack faceplate replacements. My first question is this-is there a manufacturer that makes OEM replica plates that are finished to match? For instance, I have seen several on e-bay, but they all appear to be the flat black. This would be fine if I had an XLT, but it does not match the glossy black finish on my center stack. So I am looking for an FX4 matched faceplate in the glossy black. If there is no one that manufactures them, has anyone installed on ein an FX4 and been able to paint it to match? I am fortunate in that the 2011's lost the "matrix" look, but they do still have a subtle texture to them that I would like to duplicate if at all possible. Thank you in advance for any information and/or pics that people can provide, and hopefully this produces some results!

Last edited by Gerrard155; 03-14-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.metraonline.com/vfg

Go here and put in your details and it will bring up the bezels you are looking for.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Google "hydro imaging" or "hydro graphics". You can buy the metra kit and have it matched to anything you want...

Quick Reply: Center stack faceplate replacement....