2009 - 2014 F-150

X Plan PIN and build time

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X Plan PIN and build time

Well I just did a search of all the Ford dealers within 75 miles of me and nobody has a truck anywhere near what I want, so it looks like I will be ordering one, no big deal.

My first question is; anyone have an idea on what the current build time is? Looking for an FX4 EcoBoost SCREW LUX with the 6.5' bed.

Second, I will be using X Plan. Anyone have any idea on how long the PIN is good for? Havent gotten the PIN yet, or asked my wifes uncle yet, was waiting to do some test drives first.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:09 PM
One dealer told me 6-8 weeks but another told me he ordered 3/2 with a 3/21 build date and to delivered before the end of the month. I was lucky and got a dealer trade 330 miles away. Pick it up Thursday.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
just ordered yesterday my 2011 F150 KR ecoboost and I was told it depends when I get in for the build. Dealer said if I get in the early April build I will have it end of April, if I get in the Late April build i'll have it middle May.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 PM
So it sounds like things are moving along well then. I heard some guys waiting months on the EcoBoost, but it looks like they are really getting them out there now.

Anyone have an idea on an X plan PIN lifetime?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 PM
You shouldn't have any trouble working a deal at invoice or better. X plan is no longer better then invoice and often just isn't worth it any more.

Do your homework on other incentives tho. Xplan sometimes offers a little extra savings. But so does being a member of the American Quarter Horse Association. You must be a member for at least 60 days to get the 500 off membership is good for.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah I was looking at the current rebates, looks to be around $3,000 off a screw.

Since when did X plan become not so great? I hate haggling and dealing with salesmen, so I think it is a great thing. Did they change the amount off of invoice?

As far as other incentives go, they give the cops $500 off, but firemen get nothing, thats BS!

I saw nothing about brand loyalty, but we bought an escape last year and I will be trading in an f-150 I bought new.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Anyone know how long after your VIN is issued it takes to build the truck and get it out for delivery? I received my VIN a week after ordering it, but I have not heard anything since....

Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pgh_medic
So it sounds like things are moving along well then. I heard some guys waiting months on the EcoBoost, but it looks like they are really getting them out there now.

Anyone have an idea on an X plan PIN lifetime?
I inquired about ordering an Ecoboost F150 today.They said it would probably take 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
I inquired about ordering an Ecoboost F150 today.They said it would probably take 6-8 weeks for delivery.
That sounds about right. I live in the Yukon and just ordered on Saturday but got the official paperwork yesterday. Dealer said depending when I get in for the April build, i'll either get it end of april or middle may...hopefully its April as its already hard to sleep knowing whats coming

Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
I ordered mine Jan. 17 and have gotten nada from the dealer. It depends on your dealer IMHO.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
How do you get notified of the VIN, from Ford or the dealer? Does it come via email that is entered when the truck is ordered?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 PM
I ordered my XLT, 4x4, Scab, with EB on 18 Jan, it was built 19 Feb, released from the factory on 27 Feb, with an ETA of 7 March....it's still sitting in Dearborn "awaiting Transport". Today is 15 March..got an update from the dealer this morning, the truck is still "awaiting transport". I wasn't too anxious until I received the ETA of 7 March...since that obviously wasn't met, the wait it simply maddening now.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
The VIN is assigned right after they pull the order. I placed my order on a Wed. am (3/9), it was pulled on thursday and the build date set for 3/28. My dealer does a TON of volume so that might have helped.
And they said typically a 3w shipping time. (we're in Austin)

Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
The X-Plan PIN is good for one year.

Dennis

105 dtg Dubai
106 dtg Home for good!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Volume

Yes Volume makes a huge difference, most car dealerships are allotted so many vehicles based on their sales, with the dealerships doing the most volume getting more per month, the slower dealerships get less.

It also has a lot to do with what options your getting and what trim, basically if your spending a lot more and they are looking at a bigger margin they may put yours in before say someone who is ordering a base XL with no options if they only have a limited amount of vehicles they can purchase that month. A Diamond Dealership with a lot of volume will just put it in for you that day or at the end of the week.

There's also the issues of dealers being a little lazy and only entering orders say every other week or once a month into Ford. I was lucky I came in to put a deposit down on the day they where cutting orders so mine went i while I was sitting there and had a VIN the next week.

So bottom line I think a lot of the delay time is usually with the dealership, ask when they do their ordering with ford, then it's just a matter of how long it takes from there to build it once it's in the queue at the factory. They sometimes shut down the factories over major holidays I hear, hopefully mine will not be on the line Friday when everyone's recovering after St Patrick's day!

Quick Reply: X Plan PIN and build time