2009 - 2014 F-150

signal light going out alot..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
signal light going out alot..

hey guys im new here so sorry if this was brought up before but my rear signal lights have gone out 3 times now in the past year and 4 months that ive had my truck. So has one of the reverse lights....at first i thought maybe fords bulbs were cheap but the other ones went out as well and just as fast....any help would be awesome.

thanks

Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Sounds like you have a bad ground connection in the back. Any signs of rust around the sockets?

Old 03-18-2011, 04:54 AM
When a lamp fails, do you know what the bulb looks like? I mean is the filament broken, is the inside of the lamp black or are the contacts on the connector burnt or something like that? This might help point you in a certain direction. Often the failed lamp can tell you what has gone wrong. I used to be an engineer for Sylvania and Philips. And S8 wedge lamps were one of the many lamps I was responsible for.

Without knowing any of this, I would look at simple stuff like. Do you have corrosion in the sockets or like it was suggested a ground problem or you may want to measure the voltage at the lamp or do you have excessive vibration in the back of your truck. The problem could be one of many, but look at the easy to diagnose issues first.

Quick Reply: signal light going out alot..