2009 - 2014 F-150

any 2011 King Ranch Ecoboost's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any 2011 King Ranch Ecoboost's out there?

Just seeing if there is any 2011 King Ranch Ecoboost out there....I've seen the 5.0L and Ecoboosts in platinum, FX4 and so on but no King Ranches....anybody know if any have been made yet?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Woodhouse in Blair, Nebraska has a few

Old 03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I ordered my KR ecoboost Jan. 6th and still no VIN #. I've almost forgotten that I even ordered a new truck! I bet its May before I get it. Very, Very discouraging.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I just ordered mine last week and was told the build dates were sometime in April. Depending on if I got in the early or late April build dealers said could get it end of April to middle of May.
Checked out the Blair Nebraska Ford though and at least its good to see some out there.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM
A V6 in a King Ranch?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM
is that a question or just thinking out loud? Obviously you like the 5.0 instead but I dove both and preferred the Ecoboost.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
A V6 in a King Ranch?
My brother (who is a chevy guy) said the same thing! But then I told him its going to have more power than his 5.3L and could probably out tow his 6.0L work truck and get close to 20mpg! We'll just have to see. I was skeptical at first with a v6 and the turbo gadgetry. I've always been a big v8 guy. I was thinking long and hard between the Ecoboost and the 6.2L.

Its also going to be weird with a quiet v6 engine. My 5.4L that I have has the Roush Off Road exhaust on it and sounds soo mean! Thats the only drawback .

Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Ya the noise wont be as bad a$$ as the V8 but I had noise before and I am done with waking up the neighbours at 2am...or setting off car alarms when you drive by...lol

Old 03-20-2011, 01:29 AM
just thought I would say I have finally seen some KR Ecoboosts at some dealers websites now, so maybe things are finally starting to roll of the factory...hopefully

Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by tteel
Ya the noise wont be as bad a$$ as the V8 but I had noise before and I am done with waking up the neighbours at 2am...or setting off car alarms when you drive by...lol
Why not? Have you ever heard a turbo charged engine? Pull the silencer rings out of the turbos and remove the cats and have it dump straight into a set of 4x14" magnapacks and you'll have a mean, mean sounding engine

Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marshal
Why not? Have you ever heard a turbo charged engine? Pull the silencer rings out of the turbos and remove the cats and have it dump straight into a set of 4x14" magnapacks and you'll have a mean, mean sounding engine
AFAIK, only the turbos on Cummins diesels have silencer rings. The turbos on diesel engines are a different animal than the turbos on a gasser.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
AFAIK, only the turbos on Cummins diesels have silencer rings. The turbos on diesel engines are a different animal than the turbos on a gasser.
A turbo is a turbo, they're all set up the same, it's just the variance in size and the location of a waste gate. The turbos on the EB truck are built by Borg Warner, and while i have no documentation or have seen one to physically check, I'd be willing to bet they have silencer rings considering how quiet the turbos are for being variable geometry

Granted, if I'm wrong - no cats and glass packs will make a turbo whine just as much as if it didn't have silencer rings on

Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by marshal
A turbo is a turbo, they're all set up the same, it's just the variance in size and the location of a waste gate. The turbos on the EB truck are built by Borg Warner, and while i have no documentation or have seen one to physically check, I'd be willing to bet they have silencer rings considering how quiet the turbos are for being variable geometry

Granted, if I'm wrong - no cats and glass packs will make a turbo whine just as much as if it didn't have silencer rings on
You are wrong on one account. The infamous sound of a diesel spooling up tweaked as you described sounds nothing like an EcoBoost with the same treatment. The Eco sounds like a Farmall A in steroids. In my opinion, yes mine, the Eco just doesn't sound good when uncorked. Browse around here... there are enough videos here to give you the idea.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:16 AM
im goin get one sometime i test drove a 5.0 wow there nice trucks now just gotta pay my cc off so i can afford a new truck

Old 03-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
You are wrong on one account. The infamous sound of a diesel spooling up tweaked as you described sounds nothing like an EcoBoost with the same treatment. The Eco sounds like a Farmall A in steroids. In my opinion, yes mine, the Eco just doesn't sound good when uncorked. Browse around here... there are enough videos here to give you the idea.
YouTube the mongo racing ecoboost, the silver one. It's a stock EB with straight pipes and a high flow intake

Quick Reply: any 2011 King Ranch Ecoboost's out there?