2009 - 2014 F-150

Dual Head Restraint DVD by INVISION

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Head Restraint DVD by INVISION

Has anyone added the DVD headrests from Ford's custom accessories to their F150?

Happy with them?
Headrests match the seat material?
About how much were they?
Do they play burned DVDs?
Are there speakers on them or do you have to use headphones?

If you have a set of DVD players in your headrests that are NOT from the Ford catalog I'd like to hear about yours too.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by mister_d
Has anyone added the DVD headrests from Ford's custom accessories to their F150?

Happy with them?
Headrests match the seat material?
About how much were they?
Do they play burned DVDs?
Are there speakers on them or do you have to use headphones?

If you have a set of DVD players in your headrests that are NOT from the Ford catalog I'd like to hear about yours too.
A) Welcome to the forums

B) Now go use the search feature. I can think of three threads off the top of my head that discuss these questions at length, with pictures even. Again, welcome.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by JohnnyCashAK
A) Welcome to the forums

B) Now go use the search feature. I can think of three threads off the top of my head that discuss these questions at length, with pictures even. Again, welcome.

F) Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum

U) I tried using the search feature and wasn't able to find the answers I was looking for. That doesn't mean they don't exist and you're wrong, but I didn't see them.

In the time it took you to type that, you could have easily helped me out with links to those threads you're referencing. I'm a member of several forums and not once have I ever told a new member to "go search" for their answer. These forums would dry up pretty darn quick if questions weren't asked or answered on a regular basis.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM

U) I tried using the search feature and wasn't able to find the answers I was looking for. That doesn't mean they don't exist and you're wrong, but I didn't see them.

In the time it took you to type that, you could have easily helped me out with links to those threads you're referencing. I'm a member of several forums and not once have I ever told a new member to "go search" for their answer. These forums would dry up pretty darn quick if questions weren't asked or answered on a regular basis.
I agree with you on that. The search mode doesn't always find what you are looking for. There isn't much on the forums about the Invision factory system. Alot of the time when people ask questions about them, they go unanswered. I found this link that was short and sweet....they are crap.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/mu...headrests.html

Old 03-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I have the vizualogic ones in my 2008 Lariat. They match perfectly and work great. They have played every video file I have put in them which is excellent when you can burn 6 or 7 movies on one disc for the kids. They play independently or together. I do think they're pricey but they all seem to be priced about the same. I got them for $1200 for the pair. They're the 7 inch non touch screen models. I see now they have touch screen and also 9 inch screens.
Never had any problems with them at all.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by spunkymonky
I have the vizualogic ones in my 2008 Lariat. They match perfectly and work great. They have played every video file I have put in them which is excellent when you can burn 6 or 7 movies on one disc for the kids. They play independently or together. I do think they're pricey but they all seem to be priced about the same. I got them for $1200 for the pair. They're the 7 inch non touch screen models. I see now they have touch screen and also 9 inch screens.
Never had any problems with them at all.
Sounds great and looks perfect but it appears they aren't available for the 2011 model year or with cloth interior.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:02 PM
How do you wire these in? Are the complicated for a power source or just plug into the 12v outlet?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=mister_d;4537658]F) Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum

clever

Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 PM
FU.....an all time best post.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 PM
mister d, NICE!! F) and U)! I think it went over Cash's head though! I too have been told by arrogant senior members to use the search tool. I find some info I need but not all my questions are always answered with a search.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 AM
A lot of cashs threads are along those lines.
Most forums have individuals who spend more time telling you what to do then helping you.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Dude, I read that at work and almost blew coffee on my comp

Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 AM
I have them on my 2009 Lariat- Color match on the leather is perfect-easy to wire in,they play through you speakers on certain radio stations. They are quite expensive through Ford. If I were to do it again, I would get aftermarket ones, you can get better quality units for the same money. I also noticed Invision does not have any listings for 2011 Fords,wonder if someone else is going to make them for Ford.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Quick Reply: Dual Head Restraint DVD by INVISION