2009 - 2014 F-150

Ran my truck vs Dodge 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been wanting a 5.0 to pull up beside me and wanna run. Im ready to see if my edge is working properly

Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by used2vtec
I will give you that the 5.0 is faster than the 5.4 though, but both are still extremely slow in terms of drag racing. Its a truck not a GT500, its made to tow and haul not race down a drag strip.
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Tell that to diesel guys running 11's and 12's while still being reliable and a truck!
I think his whole point was is that both are TRUCKS and that though they may be fast for TRUCKS at the end of the day a car with the same amount of mods will smoke the truck just because of the weight difference. And their is no such thing of a reliable truck (diesel or gas) that runs 11's..every modded vechicle meets its maker before a complete stock vehicle does

Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
I really enjoy having the power on tap. I am a die hard Ford guy that has wanted a truck for a couple years. I have waited just because everytime I would test drive the 5.4 I didn't enjoy driving it. It just didn't have the umph. I love the 5.0's road manners. I also REALLY loved the 6.2, but couldn't justify up front and long term cost. Would have purchased an Ecoboost if it was available it December. I was lucky enough to test drive one before release and was really impressed.

I really look forward to seeing how well these new engines respond to mods. I did tell my dodge buddy we needed to do a rematch with our boats in tow! (That was a joke so no one get your panties in a wad)

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by 2010fx4
I think his whole point was is that both are TRUCKS and that though they may be fast for TRUCKS at the end of the day a car with the same amount of mods will smoke the truck just because of the weight difference. And their is no such thing of a reliable truck (diesel or gas) that runs 11's..every modded vechicle meets its maker before a complete stock vehicle does
Whatever point he was trying to make was stupid. Because nobody mentioned anything about racing a truck vs a car before he did. Nor did anyone say any truck was faster than any car. What he said makes as much sense as saying it's stupid to think a Bugatti Veyron is fast bc a top fuel dragster blows it away. Well yea but you can also drive the Bugatti to dinner or cruise the beach after. The only point is in a basic apples to apples Dodge vs Ford TRUCK drag race the 5.0 hangs right there with hemi and the guy proved it at the drag strip. Something my 5.4 or any other (stock) can't do. Plus with that truck you can still load up the family, hitch the boat and drive to the keys or do about 1,000 other common things people do all the time. Nobody gives a rats *** about a stupid little bitchmade useless civic even if it ran 10's. Is common sense out the window?

Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
All I was saying was it doesnt matter what engines our truck have because they are still SLOW. The civic comment was made to give an example of how fast our trucks really are and that was it. I apologize for the comment about trucks are not made to drag race, I didnt think you good ol boys would get so offended. Its fun to go to the drag strip in anything with four wheels, or two wheels if thats your thing. No disprect to the original poster, but as for the veyron vs. top fuel dragster guy..............lol.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by BlackDawg
Nobody gives a rats *** about a stupid little bitchmade useless civic even if it ran 10's.
haha i seriously just laughed out loud at this.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 PM
lol okay I agree with blackdawg

Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by soonerjoe
5.0 vs Hemi
What year was the Ram?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by kdds05screw
What year was the Ram?