2009 - 2014 F-150

5star Tuning does AFE intake on 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02reaper
I will. Been driving on the tune for about a month now. I'm hoping to get it on a dyno within the next few months to see how it compares to stock.
Please keep us updated! I would love to have that extra 42 hp on my truck even if I sacrifice a small amount of torque. The transmission does a great job of choosing gears anyways. I did quite a bit of research and the compression drop should make at the very most 2% difference. That's only 8 horsepower and looks more likely that its 1% or less. The factory headers are prob worth 20hp and say 5 horsepower for the compression, that still leaves quite a bit of power on the table.

So if I were a guessing man, I would say you should pick up 15-20 hp plus whatever you normally pick up on a tune so maybe another 10 hp on 87. The only problem is you have no baseline dyno run so it will still be very difficult to know how much power you picked up.

I know a lot of us feel like the 5.0 was detuned so that the ecoboost would look more attractive. I really can't wait to see the performance increases of both engines over the next couple years with a couple mods.

Quick Reply: 5star Tuning does AFE intake on 5.0