2009 - 2014 F-150

1500 miles on 2011 f150 already in shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always bought Fords. I've never had a major issue and the minor issue I did have was on a pre owned F150 which was fixed under warranty.

My 2011 F150 has been flawless.

Hope the OP gets the issues worked out and enjoys the truck for a long time.

Maybe the Chevy folks should stay with the Chevys if they have so many problems with Fords.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chancedawg
I had 3 Chev's in 4 years because of all of the problems I had-one of them even got to 48k before the front end fell out of the beast at 55 mph on the highway damn near killed me and my girlfriend-so I switched to an 2011 f150 lariat 5.0. I used to be a diehard chevy guy but the JUNK they are building now made me switch.
I am GM certified, I went through GM ASEP but I'm a diehard Ford Man. I can tell you from an unbiased opinion that GM trucks are junk. There are some out there that will go without any trips to the service area for warranty work, but I can tell you first hand I did A LOT of warranty work. This ranges from: Leaky power steering pumps, leaky rear main seals, leaky crankshaft seals, leaky water pumps, leaking oil pan gaskets and oil cooler lines, defective rear axles (mainly spider gears), transmission output shafts, faulty balljoints causing premature wear on the front tires, defective leaf springs, and defective Intermediate shafts (they make a very loud crunch noise while steering) and the replacement shaft only lasts 35,000 miles before the noise returns, and new to the list are the actual steering wheel can break off of the steering shaft while driving. Now for the interior problems, the BCM often needs reprogrammed due to loss of functions such as the power windows, A/C, speedometer, etc. And if you reprogram any of the modules in the vehicle (up to 19 of them) in the wrong manner or order, you fry the module or the BCM itself. I know all car manufactures have problems, but GM is horrible from my professional experience fixing them all the time.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Angry 2011 transmission update

Well I can't even win for trying. I risked it and dropped off my ford at my local dealership (not the one I purchased it from). I called this morning and found out that the only guy in the shop that was authorized to check it out would be out until Monday on vacation. I live in a northern town with a population of about 22,000 people and they don't have a backup for him? Anyway I called the dealership that I bought it from and they suggested my wife drive it down and if necessary they would send her back in another new one until mine was fixed. Well she got about half way there and the transmission gave up the ghost with a cloud of smoke. I went to get her and noticed right off that there was a strong burnt transmission oil smell. My guess is either the torque converter shelled out and took out the clutch packs or the transmission just burnt up. In all honesty I have to say the two supercrews that I have had for company trucks have both been very good to me. One was a 2009 and my current one is a 2011 with the small V-8 in it.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll own another GM product only after they pay back ALL of the money they took from the government, heal the scars their junk products put on my hands and give me back all the time I spent under their hoods.

In the 250,000 miles I have put on F-150s I have never had a major mechanical issue. I feel bad for the few of you that have issues but is most likely a few isolated build issues. When 700,000+ items are built in mass quantities there will always be a few bad ones that slip through. This is why we have a warranty. Hopefully your dealership gets you fixed up quickly.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I've had cars from each of the big three. The one I took to the dealership for warranty work the most was the Pontiac. I'm on my third new Ford. The first two didn't go in for warranty stuff, not once. I've only owned the current one for a couple months. I've had the Dodge in twice. The Pontiac was in every quarter with a list of things to fix. When it developed a front end suspension clunk at 33k miles that the dealership couldn't reproduce, the car was traded in for a Ford.

My opinion is there are many moving parts on a car it is highly probably that one or two will go bad in the first couple years. That is why there is a warranty. If it gets fixed then there is no problem. If it doesn't then there is a huge problem.

Quick Reply: 1500 miles on 2011 f150 already in shop