2009 - 2014 F-150

1500 miles on 2011 f150 already in shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 1500 miles on 2011 f150 already in shop

Already regret trading the 05 f250 in for the 11 f150. 1500 miles and it's already in the shop, the torque converter is out. Has anyone else had this happen?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Suspended
i'll sell you my 05 f250, i want the opportunity to regret it as well

Old 03-24-2011, 05:14 PM
haha I'm trying not to get too upset cause I went through the new bugs with the 250. But it is irratating as all get out for this to be starting again.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi - I have 1800 miles on my 11 F150. No transmission problems.

The only problem is the sync system.

Last edited by Mo Power; 03-24-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM
it just started all of the sudden. The warning light (wrench indicator) came then started a hard shift between 3rd and 4th gear then the engine light came on.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by toddp
haha I'm trying not to get too upset cause I went through the new bugs with the 250. But it is irratating as all get out for this to be starting again.
well look at it this way if you buy mine it already has the bugs worked out

i would hate to have a brand new truck having the tranny dropped for something. hopefully its the end of it once you get it back.

Originally Posted by Mo Power
Hi - I have 1800 miles on my 11 F150. No transmission problems.
thank you for that helpful post

Old 03-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
todd -

What configuration do you have? Do you have a screw with 5.0?

Old 03-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't regret trading my 07 F250 on my 2010 screw but i don't have any of the new motors. lol. sorry about the torque converter hope everything works out buddy

Old 03-24-2011, 07:32 PM
It's the screw with 5.0 and 3.73 off road pkg

Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
It happens - that's what a warranty is for.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Sounds like your dealer is taking care of things. I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope you get your fixed truck back soon

Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I agree. As long as it's under warranty and the dealer is taking care of it, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Things happen, and the failure was in one part that was probably due to a faulty component that came from an outside company Ford contracts with. Now if, say,the engine explodes because the shop forgot to lube it when reinstalling it, requiring a whole 'nother engine and two weeks in the shop to repair/replace what they effed up, then I'd be upset.

Yes, this happened to my '94 Silverado. If you're ever in Alaska, never buy or take anything to Alaska Sales and Service. A garage full of drunken monkeys could do a better job.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 AM
In the shop and didn't even make 1000 miles

Well I just bought a 2011 with the eco boost and 3:31 ratio Lariat. At 915 miles it is sitting at the shop. Some of the symptoms of my transmission problems have been it will not go in to gear meaning that it acts as though it is still in neutral when taking off from a stop when in drive. I was backing it up the other day and stopped briefly and when I took my foot off the brake it began to roll down the hill I was backing up. It was not much of a hill that I was one at the time. It acted like I had either put it in drive or neutral. When I pressed on the brake to stop, it did begin backing up when I got on the gas pedal. It also will occasionaly shift from third down to first when driving down the street in drive at 25 or 30mph. The last new ford I bought was back in 1999 and it was an F350 with a manual and I put two clutch master cylinders in before it had 60K on it. The second time the local chevy dealer went and picked up his trade at the ford shop when they finished it. Since and before that time I was always a Chevy Man. I have also owned a couple of brand new Chevrolets and never had to take one to the shop for warranty work. None of them ever had any major problems under the 100K mark either. The only reason I bought this pickup was so the wife could have a dependable vehicle with lots of leg room in the back for the kids and it looks like I am only getting about half of what I wanted. I sure hope I can get the 200K+ out of this ford like I do my chevys without becoming best friends with the local ford service manager. My dad told me about a ford pickup that he had purchased sometime in the 50's and had it to the dealership so many times he said the mechanic told him he never wanted to see that sob darken his door again. My dad has never owned a ford other than that one.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
Wow, Smav, first post and away you go... As Glc said, sometimes something happens and that is why you have a warranty. I would rather have whatever is wrong go wrong while it is under warranty...get it fixed and then move on. However...you would have a good case or reason to be extremely disappointed if after the warranty period is over the truck kept having problems.

As for your dad having all those problems...don't know what to tell you but I have been driving new Mazdas and Fords (cars and trucks) since 1979 and have had a total of four things go wrong...all minor...all covered by the warranty and I am talking 20 vehicles during that time. And the one vehicle that was a frustrating experience...a 1986 Chevy Capric Classic (new)...but it was a nice car, when it ran it was great but after the warranty period stuff still happened...haven't had a Chevy since...it is what it is.

I do hope, however that your truck is fixed properly and that you get a great many miles out if it that you have anticipated getting.

Good luck,

Dennis

11 dtg KAF

13 dtg Dubai

14 dtg Home for good!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:26 AM
funny

Originally Posted by Smav
Well I just bought a 2011 with the eco boost and 3:31 ratio Lariat. At 915 miles it is sitting at the shop. Some of the symptoms of my transmission problems have been it will not go in to gear meaning that it acts as though it is still in neutral when taking off from a stop when in drive. I was backing it up the other day and stopped briefly and when I took my foot off the brake it began to roll down the hill I was backing up. It was not much of a hill that I was one at the time. It acted like I had either put it in drive or neutral. When I pressed on the brake to stop, it did begin backing up when I got on the gas pedal. It also will occasionaly shift from third down to first when driving down the street in drive at 25 or 30mph. The last new ford I bought was back in 1999 and it was an F350 with a manual and I put two clutch master cylinders in before it had 60K on it. The second time the local chevy dealer went and picked up his trade at the ford shop when they finished it. Since and before that time I was always a Chevy Man. I have also owned a couple of brand new Chevrolets and never had to take one to the shop for warranty work. None of them ever had any major problems under the 100K mark either. The only reason I bought this pickup was so the wife could have a dependable vehicle with lots of leg room in the back for the kids and it looks like I am only getting about half of what I wanted. I sure hope I can get the 200K+ out of this ford like I do my chevys without becoming best friends with the local ford service manager. My dad told me about a ford pickup that he had purchased sometime in the 50's and had it to the dealership so many times he said the mechanic told him he never wanted to see that sob darken his door again. My dad has never owned a ford other than that one.
I had 3 Chev's in 4 years because of all of the problems I had-one of them even got to 48k before the front end fell out of the beast at 55 mph on the highway damn near killed me and my girlfriend-so I switched to an 2011 f150 lariat 5.0. I used to be a diehard chevy guy but the JUNK they are building now made me switch.

Quick Reply: 1500 miles on 2011 f150 already in shop