2009 - 2014 F-150

Grille/hood question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grille/hood question

I've been looking at my options, and I think instead of level/tires I want to go ahead and PTM my bumpers and grille.. But I've been lurking around the dealership and it looks like a Raptor hood and grill will work together on my 2010 XLT. I think it would be the nastiest XLT on the road if I could pull it off, and I really want that black grill. Any comments?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Also had the thought about the Raptor grille. Inspected a Raptor, did some measuring, and determined ...
  • hood ( and mounting of the grille ) is different from the normal 2009+ F-150s.
  • the grille is dimensionally different.
  • with fabrication and hacking-up the Raptor grille it could be done.
  • (for me) the co$t of the grille made it prohibitive. $574 - wholesale / $798 - retail.
Of course there is always the option of installing a Raptor front clip.

Last edited by gDMJoe; 03-29-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See at first I wanted to do only the grille, but I noticed that the grille was infact shorter than a regular f150 grille. So im assuming that since the Raptr is stil an F150, with the only aestetic differences being wider fenders and a wider bumper. The mechanical differences are bigger leaf springs, wider axles and a long arm/ lift up front. Its essentially a 4" lift on wider axles with flared bed sides and front fenders. Im going to the dealer today with a tape measure and my checkbook to order a hood grille assembly if it fits.

Quick Reply: Grille/hood question