2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 opinion after 500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 opinion after 500 miles

I thought I would at least share my opinion of my truck after I've driven it for a little bit. It's been a while since I posted on here, and since I've been lurking more since last week, it made since to participate.

I traded my 05 Lariat supercab 4x4 with the 5.4 for an 11 Lariat supercrew 4x4 with the 5.0.

My initial thoughts are that these are nothing like each other. This new truck is amazing!!! I've never driven anything that compares. I like the ride over the 05, It feels like it holds the road better (and I know the added weight of the crew cab could affect this). The 5.0 power is so much better than the 5.4 even with the mods I made to the 5.4. The SYNC system is impressive, although complicated, and not totally reliable. The Sony sound system is above average, but I think for the price could have been a little better. I LOVE the back seat area, and think the room back there will be more than enough for people to sit comfortably in the back. I don't have a good comparison on that. I do wish I had gotten the backup camera and parking sensors....I'm kicking myself over that, but I'll add the camera.

Overall....I love this new truck!

I'll need to add to this in a few weeks when I tow my 22' boat from Raleigh to Atlantic beach, and let you all know how well that goes.....I'll say up front that I expect that to be a piece of cake.

Quick Reply: 2011 opinion after 500 miles