2009 - 2014 F-150

Bumper Grille

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did install the one I purchased on the new truck, but rather than use the "L" brackets, I fabricated entire new mounts. I bolted a cross member between the "L" brackets, then welded a 3" piece to that cross member. Bent the ends of those pieces 90, then drilled and bolted them to the frame behind the opening.....very sturdy. Those grills actually fit the open very nicely, it's just the mounting strategy than needs some work.

If you have the tools and ability to fabricate, it's a scream'n good deal, but if you're wanting something that "bolts right in", you might want to look elsewhere. Personally I would never bolt a bumper grill by drilling/bolting to the plastic....that's just asking for future problems.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Not the best picture, but here's my ebay grille. Flat black. Great construction. I also fabbed my own brackets so I wouldn't have to drill into the bumper.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought this combo from ebay seller California-Auto-Performance

Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by grayvader
Not the best picture, but here's my ebay grille. Flat black. Great construction. I also fabbed my own brackets so I wouldn't have to drill into the bumper.

Looks GREAT. Did you by happen to order it from this guy - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEWAX%3AVRI ?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I ordered the same grill Ed has. I have no ability to fabricate any type of metal anything, so I bolted it in with the hardware supplied. The way I look at it, I am attempting to stop the medium sized stuff from destroying my intercooler and turbos. I couldn't care less about the plastic bumpers. They will be a lot less expensive to replace than the turbos/intercooler. If something large enough to break the plasitc, hits the grill the two metal "tabs" behind the grill that Ed bolted to, should stop the grill and whatever hit it from going into my intercooler.

The hardest part of the install was dealing with the pain from the truck. The easiest way I could get at the screws and nuts was insert my arm next to the hood latch fartherst away from the side I was workng one. So when I was installing the screws on the driverside, I put my arm in next to the hood latch on the passenger side. Since my arms are not pencils this resulted in the pitch-fork designed hood release cable digging into the sweet meat of my bicep. Not fun, but the only other way to get the things in was to have a second wrist about 3 inches above my current wrist, not possible. In all it took about 20 minutes to install and fits very well. I am pleased with it.

Last edited by 1depd; 05-06-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I made this one because I didn't like what the aftermarket had to offer. I made it from a florecent lighting difusser

Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM
i have a guy who makes a stock looking grille. no drilling. 5 min install. but im new here and dont know how to post pic

Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by saleenjames
im new here and dont know how to post pic
I don't think you are allowed unless you are a paying member.

On other forums 'upload' is under 'advanced options' and since I'm not a premium member, I don't have that virtual button to click on.

Anyone else?

You are allowed to build an album under your user control panel options and then post a link to your album pix.

I could be wrong and full of Ka-Ka.

Anyhow, I like the looks of all the grills, myself.

Last edited by High-ster; 05-16-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by NJ09GT
Looks GREAT. Did you by happen to order it from this guy - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEWAX%3AVRI ?
I bought this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by grayvader
The one you bought is from the same seller I'm looking at. How is the fit/finish?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by saleenjames
i have a guy who makes a stock looking grille. no drilling. 5 min install. but im new here and dont know how to post pic
Upload your photos to a pic hosting site like PhotoBucket, then use the "Insert Image link. Post the url it in and you're good.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by High-ster

On other forums 'upload' is under 'advanced options' and since I'm not a premium member, I don't have that virtual button to click on.

Anyone else?

You are allowed to build an album under your user control panel options and then post a link to your album pix.

You don't have to be a "paying member" to post pics. Look at the above post. Very simple to do.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by High-ster

Anyone else?

I dont know if I'll have time to upload it and do all that but I can email you pic

Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
heres pic of my truck

Quick Reply: Bumper Grille